Re: Favourite stories

Post by Críoch »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:31 pm
terryfalafel wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:25 am
Lost to the Void wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:31 pm
Me Robot. Hands down for me the beet show ever made.
Mr Robot?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/
Yes. Fucking auto-incorrect.
Me Robot. Sounds like a show based in rural Ireland.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Trom
Wastedddd

Post by Trom »

henry1 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:10 pm
Sometimes it looks a bit manga-like and therefore isn't so time-bound.
Downloaded it last night and didn't mind how it looked at all tbh, its def pushing the nostalgia button!

With the missus out of the house until tomorrow I'm facing some serious time management dilemmas tonight, MGS4 or studio, Snake or Logic :ugeek: Yeah it'll be both

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I've got to agree with Mr Robot. It was beyond the full package for me. I've never known anything like it and the twists and turns were beyond comprehension in places.

Horizion Zero Dawn was a fucking excellent story as well.

One that really, really got me was The Last Guardian game. It's a few years old now and was conceived by Fumito Ueda, who was responsible for Shadow Of The Collusus.
The whole tone of the game is tinged with sadness but it's really, for me a game about companionship and how that develops between The Boy and The Beast.
It got me in a way that I can't even really understand. It's so touching, it's really gone beyond any game I previously played in that respect. The game has some slightly annoying features and the controls are intentionally wonky but it's such a journey. I don't know if I'll ever find a game that I have so much admiration for.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Stace wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:21 pm
I've got to agree with Mr Robot. It was beyond the full package for me. I've never known anything like it and the twists and turns were beyond comprehension in places.

One that really, really got me was The Last Guardian game. It's a few years old now and was conceived by Fumito Ueda, who was responsible for Shadow Of The Collusus.
The whole tone of the game is tinged with sadness but it's really, for me a game about companionship and how that develops between The Boy and The Beast.
It got me in a way that I can't even really understand. It's so touching, it's really gone beyond any game I previously played in that respect. The game has some slightly annoying features and the controls are intentionally wonky but it's such a journey. I don't know if I'll ever find a game that I have so much admiration for.
Have you played Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

It's one of the most emotional games I've played. I won't give it away but ddddddaaaammmnn.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Stace wrote:
I've got to agree with Mr Robot.
Also, this might tickle you...
I've been playing a live techno remix of Phil Collins: Take Me Home, in my live PA's for the last couple of years.
As a Mr Robot fan I hope you remember the scene that was featured in. It's one that always meant a lot to me as an anarchist.

It's been fun playing it.
Some people get the reference, and excitedly come and talk to me afterwards about it, or knowingly acknowledge on the dancefloor.
A lot of people are confused.
I had a whole club waving their arms left and right in time, in the air to it once. I'm pretty sure only a few people were in on the joke, I think most people thought I was just doing an ironic 80's cover, but it was a moment of surreal hilarity for me.

I've also been opening my sets with Elliots Fuck Society speech for ages.

Mr Robot is epic. Elliot is the fucked up superhero the world needs.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

I need to finish Mr Robot.

The Witcher 3 & Red Dead Redemption 2 I think are two games that I played in the last few years where I thought the story was good.

For TV, really liked Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Twin Peaks, Chernobyl, Silicon Valley, Halt and Catch Fire & Battlestar Galactica

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:31 pm
Stace wrote:

Have you played Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

It's one of the most emotional games I've played. I won't give it away but ddddddaaaammmnn.
Oh, cool. No, I've not. It feel like the kind of game I might like the play on my Switch. They often have sales in the store so I'll keep an eye out for it.

I can't actually explain how much LG got me. I finished it, cried my eyes out. Went to bed and was still crying. Then even when I was talking about it to people after the event, I'd massively tear up. I'd get drunk and think about it and start crying. It moved me unlike any other story. Even a few months ago, I'd hear the theme tune and start to get emotional again.
After a night drinking and actually trying to somehow remix it or put a sample from the game into a track I ordered Mike a copy of it. I'm a bit worried my extreme reaction to it has put him off :lol:

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:36 am
Stace wrote:
I've got to agree with Mr Robot.
Also, this might tickle you...
I've been playing a live techno remix of Phil Collins: Take Me Home, in my live PA's for the last couple of years.
As a Mr Robot fan I hope you remember the scene that was featured in. It's one that always meant a lot to me as an anarchist.

It's been fun playing it.
Some people get the reference, and excitedly come and talk to me afterwards about it, or knowingly acknowledge on the dancefloor.
A lot of people are confused.
I had a whole club waving their arms left and right in time, in the air to it once. I'm pretty sure only a few people were in on the joke, I think most people thought I was just doing an ironic 80's cover, but it was a moment of surreal hilarity for me.

I've also been opening my sets with Elliots Fuck Society speech for ages.

Mr Robot is epic. Elliot is the fucked up superhero the world needs.
That's unreal! I'd REALLY like to hear a set with both of those in, if you've got anything online anywhere?

That show was really some next level shit. Everything about it was done to perfection, even the Red Wheelbarrow book, it had all sorts of other stuff in it. Just prefect.

I'm left wondering if there will ever be anything close to how good it was. Will Esmail make anything like that again? I sure fucking hope so.