Keith Flint found dead at 49

General Chat // Music Discussion
juodas
Indirection
Re: Keith Flint found dead at 49

Post by juodas »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:33 pm
Jesus man, you really don't understand depression.

Depression has nothing to do with wealth, with the quality of your life, it's completely irrational.
Your own mind is at war with you.
You can be surrounded by people who love you and be in utter despair at the pointlessness of it.

It is definitely not a myth and nor is it something necessarily related to loneliness.

I suffered from depression for years that eventually became full on bipolar, I know what it is like, I've been stood on the edge of a multistory car park ready to leap.
I had a long term partner, we were fine, I was selling a shit ton of records and playing out and doing what I wanted.
Depression is very common in artists.
The cathartic process of creation goes hand in hand with the mania from the upcycle of depression.

I've lost 2 friends to severe depression through suicide, one of who'm left behind a daughter, who he thought would have a better life without him.

The issue with male depression is that men are conditioned to be tough and show no weakness and not talk about their feelings. This is compounded now but men constantly being told they have it easy compared to blah.

Add to that the strange stigma that mental health has and the almost useless health system in dealing with it (in this and many other countries).

The thing with depression is that even if you get out of it, through whatever means, it can come back, and it can also be triggered.

Keith had a history of depression that he dealt with by self medication.
His marriage had fallen apart and by accounts from people who knew him, she was taking him to the cleaners over divorce. That was clearly enough to send him in to a downward spiral.
Agree, definetelly agree, maybe i was wrong with it, however you're not only one here mate, i have several depression peaks once / twice a week and it's not pleasant, but its manegable when you know what you need to do with it
however it's fair point that everything is built up for him and he end up with that decision.
I quite interested in spiritual stuff, the thing is what people(spiritual master says) that you need to finish this level one way or another other wise you will start from the same point you started in this life, in other words you will relive same karma/ life challenges, up's and downs and other shit and bla bla, there's a lot of people who died just because of it, but i think it's not only depression included in it, I have been faced with a really serious stuff recently(i started to face some really really dark stuff since my 18), which is really really not pleasant, believe me. it's challenge, i always thought about suicide in my early ages because of family and other shit problems, like problems came from nowhere, one after another, but it's not the case. I deffinetelly feel that's not only depression had impact towards his suicide, there's something more.
However it's not wise to spent time on someone else you don't know really.
RIP
Maybe one day i will tell you story(maybe at subsekt meet or something)
As you mentioned with men, it's true it's so true, nowadays men has more femine energy than ever before. There's an article in america where they describe Mesculinity as toxic energy because of it's force and power of opinion.
Well we will end up in that point that most of consipircary theorist we're right, however it will cause a lot of chaos and people need to realize that as soon as possible. ;)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

@juodas.. depression is a myth, but you have depression yourself? Confusing.

@steve.. re: depression being your mind at war with itself. Great way of putting it. Very difficult to broker peace.. even though you wish for nothing greater. It becomes hardwired in patterns & unsolicited thoughts. Always glad to hear about people staying afloat. It's a challenge.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Some people dont understand that when youre in a spiral of severe depression, contemplating suicide - suicide seems like the best option...

Thats the scary and tragic thing.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

juodas wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:53 pm
Well don;t get me wrong, but i think depression is a myth.
juodas wrote:
info from david icke
I'm finding it difficult to reconcile that both these statements came from the same person, in the same post.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:45 am
juodas wrote:
Well don;t get me wrong, but i think depression is a myth.
juodas wrote:
info from david icke
I'm finding it difficult to reconcile that both these statements came from the same person, in the same post.
NVm, i'd just gave an example there's loads of different sources about it. And there's different cause for a depression, like seasonal depression and so on, it's really big big topic.
and i'm also drunk a bit. :mrgreen:

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

juodas wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:50 am
and i'm also drunk a bit. :mrgreen:
And being a cunt with it too.

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

That's me when i'm drunk, but it general i'm really nice guy :DD

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

juodas wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:02 am
That's me when i'm drunk, but it general i'm really nice guy :DD
In that case, perhaps it's not best to post when drunk.

If drinking made me quote David Icke in a non sarcastic way, I'd throw out all my booze.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

David Icke? Isn't that the guy who's saying the world is run by lizards?
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Yes, that one.

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

Mono-xID wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:09 pm
as much as he has no proof it is, we don't have proof it isn't.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

winston wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:39 pm
Mono-xID wrote:
That's what a lizard person would say... insert velociraptor thinking meme

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I think the issue here, especially referring to Juodas, is that there is a difference between the condition of clinical depression, and especially bipolar disorder, and just being a bit depressed or down.
The latter is situational, based around life events, someone dies, you fall out with your partner, your pet dies, you lose your job... whatever.

Clinical depression is more existential. You wake up and it`s there, no reason, no life events, you ARE depressed. Life has little purpose or value, you can`t see your way out of it, like a thick dark fog, day after day after day.

Even worse bipolar (what used to be called manic depression), where you experience extreme highs, lots of energy, creativity, positivity, your mind becomes a carnival of chaos, ideas flow around your head and it is almost impossible to get them all out or find a release.
Then combat that with the polar opposite, complete blackness, utterly bereft of any light or purpose or meaning, or energy, with no end in sight. It`s so much the worse as you have fallen further.
There`s a line from a film... The Prophecy I think, where an Angel says Hell isn`t burning for eternity, hell is knowing gods light and being removed from it forever, and having the knowledge you will never see it again. THAT is what the downside of bipolar is.
Sometimes ending it can appear to be the only way to be free of it, and to free those who care about you from it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

winston wrote:
Mono-xID wrote:
Flying Spaghetti Monster argument.... The ownice is on proof of the claim, not disproving it.

In some ways Ike is more nuts than Alex Jones.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:22 pm
winston wrote:
Mono-xID wrote:
Flying Spaghetti Monster argument.... The ownice is on proof of the claim, not disproving it.

In some ways Ike is more nuts than Alex Jones.
I use this burden of proof on the youngest kids, but in the form of the dinosaur in the classroom next door. My way of dogmatically indoctrinating them to the realization that there is no God and I'm correct about everything...

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

As someone who's mental health problems are well documented on this site I have to agree with Voidloss about the distinction between situational and existential depression.
example...around 2003 I was living in a lovely cottage on Dartmoor, had a beautiful girlfriend, a great dog, a fulfilling job and lots of hobbies involving other people, in other words everything someone in their late twenties could wish for.... yet I started to hear echo's in my head and had unwanted thoughts about harming people, when my Mum visited I even thought she was a replicant who had kidnapped and replaced my real Mother. I used to think people were following me or that I was staring at them in a weird way. I even turned in my car mirrors so I couldn't see behind me and therefore not get triggered into thinking they were following me. I woke one morning to find my girlfriend rubbing her fingers (gently) down my cheeks and phoned 999 thinking she had poisoned me. It goes on and on guys but I guess my point is that "CHIN UP" REALLY DOESN'T FUCKING CUT IT IN THAT SITUATION!!!!
I would not wish those sorts of things on anyone. Depression is a real condition and I unfortunately am proof of that fact.

Also I rate Icke 10/10 for entertainment. I love a good conspiracy theory me.
FUCK-WIT

winston
unsure

Post by winston »

jordanneke wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:44 pm
winston wrote:
Mono-xID wrote:
That's what a lizard person would say... insert velociraptor thinking meme
aren't the lizard people the ones who deny it as they want to keep it a secret? i don't know, or at least i'll say i don't know to play dumb about knowing.

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:21 pm
Even worse bipolar (what used to be called manic depression), where you experience extreme highs, lots of energy, creativity, positivity, your mind becomes a carnival of chaos, ideas flow around your head and it is almost impossible to get them all out or find a release.
Then combat that with the polar opposite, complete blackness, utterly bereft of any light or purpose or meaning, or energy, with no end in sight. It`s so much the worse as you have fallen further.
There`s a line from a film... The Prophecy I think, where an Angel says Hell isn`t burning for eternity, hell is knowing gods light and being removed from it forever, and having the knowledge you will never see it again. THAT is what the downside of bipolar is.
Sometimes ending it can appear to be the only way to be free of it, and to free those who care about you from it.
i don't want to pry into your life, but what in general terms was the treatment for being Bi-Polar? was it purely medicatiting the brain, in some way regulating brain chemistry?
in the spirit of the thread topic:
you had the poison
you got the pulsating rhythmical remedy.
what was the remedy?

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

The annoying thing about David Icke (IMO) is that he is right about plenty of stuff, but then he goes and fucks up his message by talking all that lizard bollocks. It puts people off.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I watched one of Ickes lectures once and it was entertaining. I can't take it serious at all but it would be cool if someone would make a movie out of his theories.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:19 am
The annoying thing about David Icke (IMO) is that he is right about plenty of stuff, but then he goes and fucks up his message by talking all that lizard bollocks. It puts people off.
Well it's the way you look at that point if you think in logical way it's absurd, however there's loads of mysteries in this universe, so for example you have 7 bodies, one of them is astral. So literally what he say you can't see them, bu they are in those different demensions and other stuff.
It's a bit of putdown to the normal people who just started to realize that tv is bad and so om, when he is going about more serious and literally deep stuff, people start questioning him and say that he is mad, it's all about the persons mindset. it's all abiut questioning reality we are living, most painful experience is when you realize in what deepshit we are sucked into.
there's loads of stuff in this word you know, like astral projection, lucid dreaming, ghosts or whatever you want to call it.
You even can check and remember your previous lives through a hipnosis, check Cologero griffasi is quite funny at some point, looks like acting and it's hard to believe this stuff, but when you find some hidden material or people who talks about it which is a fucking rare thing, it starts to make some sense. the thing is that people don't want to talk about it, because later on they will be not only blamed, but face consequencies and with unpleasant stuff and challenges.
It's all about surrounding yourself with a right people. Because nowadays it's hard to trust anyone ;)