Tinnitus

General Chat // Music Discussion
seanocean
Jan : )
Re: Tinnitus

Post by seanocean »

you can buy debrox or a similar product from where you're from. i used to used that after my eardrum was perforated and my ear built up a lot of protective wax. i still can't hear terribly well in that ear but once the eardrum healed and that wax was gone it was a big relief to know that i might not be totally deaf in that ear for life. maybe that's TMI, but just to let you know that your ears can still take a beating and recover.. just sensitivity and slight ringing will stick with you.

also as an added thing if you want to increase oral health (http://www.besthealthmag.ca/best-you/or ... ral-health) and consequently your hearing health you can help clear up your eustachean tubes with by drinking green tea. the hot water clears up your head, sinuses and the pressure associated form mucous build up in the eustachean tubes. also the hot water will curb any infections you might have if you have any.
| / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ |

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Cool advice man! I drink a lot of green tee already so I guess I'll keep it up.

As for the debrox, my ears are clean now. I let them cast some polymer in my ear so that they can make custom earplugs. When the polymer hardened and was removed from my ear there was hardly any earwax attached to it.

Thanks for the words man, its good to know that your ears can recover from a beating. I always forget that the human body is really resourceful.

UN!T B
pregnant

Post by UN!T B »

Hades wrote: stop being such a total dick, honestly.

Devant
fake

Post by Devant »

That seems like an excuse to crank it without affecting your already damaged hairs and would just cause more damage in other frequencies?

I get ringing in my ears when I try to sleep and became super paranoid about my hearing so I went to an audiologist. It turns out I have a small degree of tinnitus but thankfully no damage to my hearing. I also got some proper musicians earplugs fitted (which cost a fortune :'( ) because I'm at the club or some sort of gig multiple times a week. They're being made at the moment but I can give you my thoughts on them when they arrive if anyone else was considering purchasing some.

ONE
Chernobyl

Post by ONE »

Elacin custom plugs w/ -15dB reduction cost approximately 160€. If you are not happy w/ the filter they will change them at no extra cost. I don't intend to work at Cape Canaveral anytime soon - so see no need for -25dB reduction.

(Having road tested them in a club) these are working out to be the most sensible purchase I've made.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

ONE wrote:Elacin custom plugs w/ -15dB reduction cost approximately 160€. If you are not happy w/ the filter they will change them at no extra cost. I don't intend to work at Cape Canaveral anytime soon - so see no need for -25dB reduction.

(Having road tested them in a club) these are working out to be the most sensible purchase I've made.

Waiting for my pair as wel:)

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

My fellow Earringers,

There seems to be hope on the horizon. American scientist have found something that might solve the populations tinnitus problem.

Well, its doenst solve or cure the tinnitus, it teaches your brain to ignore certain tones. This is done by stimulating a nerve in the back of your neck that enhances memory storage while stimulated.'

Its seems to work, imagine the other possibilities of this method btw.

http://www.microtransponder.com/?page_id=118

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Then again, these things pop up every now and then and disapear into nowhere.