New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Hades »

BDeep wrote:You know, you'll just have to consider the out-of-pitchness of it as part of its charm. ;) And in the end, it's all about them having a good time. Hope you'll have a better take today though!

as I just posted in the "post a clip of what you're working on" topic :

ok, I had about 15 minutes to record their vocals, and unfortunately their singing was not only rather out of tune (which is not really a problem),
but also very much out of time (which is rather problematic since it's a whole bunch of people singing out of time, and there's simply no way you can correct that kind of thing),
but anyway, we had a lot of fun, and here it is...
gonna hand over the CD and link in about 2 hours, so to anyone who is gonna listen to this in the next few days/weeks, do these kids a favour and "like" the track ! :)
(never thought I'd actually become the kind of person to ask for "likes", but yeah, I do like these kids, they're sweet and they definitely deserve it)

Sin cambios no hay mariposa

A.M.Smith
Face Hugger

Post by A.M.Smith »

hi everyone...very thankful to find an active forum dedicated to Techno! I've been listening and dancing to many favors of electronic music for over fifteen years and have been seriously trying to create my own music for about seven years now. I recently found a passion for Techno...more dubby, chill stuff we interesting textures...but I'm excited to dive in and explore everything as well as talk shop about production. I use a hybrid setup and prefer to record my tracks live then edit them on a computer later, but I respect all methods used to make the music we love. happy to be a part of the forum!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

welcome mr smith !

melkvor
fake

Post by melkvor »

Hi all.

Great to be part of another community of heads.

Loving spanish techno at the moment: Oscar Mulero being a prime example, but I like most "conventional" techno: 4/4 kicks and offbeat open high hats. My other passion is (good, proper) dubstep.

Mad keen on hardware production and putting on nights in London.

A.M.Smith
Face Hugger

Post by A.M.Smith »

Hades wrote:welcome mr smith !

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Welcome melkvor and Mr smith! :)

Smith and king
Get a fucking avatar

Post by Smith and king »

Hi All

Glad to be part of the forum , we are a techno duo call Smith & King, looking to get more interest and find new music.

Peace

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Smith and king wrote:Hi All

Glad to be part of the forum , we are a techno duo call Smith & King, looking to get more interest and find new music.

Peace
2 cunts more...
welcome !

any SC link ?

Smith and king
Get a fucking avatar

Post by Smith and king »

Hades wrote:
Smith and king wrote:Hi All

Peace
2 cunts more...
welcome !

any SC link ?
Ha thanks for the warm welcome , indeed two more cunts lol, soundcloud link-

https://soundcloud.com/smithandking

kertikristof
Wastedddd

Post by kertikristof »

Hey everyone!

I have been stalking this forum for 2 month now.. I read back a lot of stuff, was entertained by topics like the new "woman talk"..
I'm very happy about this forum and community, it's a beauty that this even exists. I write/produce techno for a year now, I am into
minimal elements, hard basslines, and a mixture of all good stuff :P I really enjoy a lot your stuff, been lurking around your soundcloud links.
I'm a mix/master guy for a small metal band too.. we started working together this summer.. And yes, fuck it, I LOVE TECHNO
https://intech.studio <- Modular MIDI controllers, MaxForLive devices, DIY Eurorack panels and intech life.
@ https://www.instagram.com/intechstudio/

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

glad to have entertained you and welcome to subsekt, you cunt !

StyleCityRecord
tense

Post by StyleCityRecord »

Hello Subsekt,

All forms of Music are valid. The Dark Techno and Industrial Techno are really interesting because of the complex nature of DIstortions that occur , When these additional haromnics and frequencies merge- the output can be newly formed sonic structures that drive the crowds all night long (IMHO).

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Welcome sir / madame.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

StyleCityRecord wrote:Hello Subsekt,

All forms of Music are valid. The Dark Techno and Industrial Techno are really interesting because of the complex nature of DIstortions that occur , When these additional haromnics and frequencies merge- the output can be newly formed sonic structures that drive the crowds all night long (IMHO).
Good acid mate? Haha ;P

Welcome!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

StyleCityRecord wrote:Hello Subsekt,

All forms of Ass are valid. The Dark Rooms with Industrial Bondage are really interesting because of the complex positions of Dick that usually occur , When these additional Dicks and jizz emerge- the output can be newly formed jizz that drives the crowds totally insane all night long (IMHO).
welcome to subsekt man !

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

Hello united Cunts of this forum,

I have been lurking some time, before the Head Cunt of this forum granted me permission to post here, and I gather this is the correct way to address one another...

During the past two months I have been reading up a lot and learning heaps of stuff already (Bumload a nonono... and still waiting for that matthias tutorial), found some answers, many more got raised, and had some eyeopeners too. Anyway, I'm a complete techno novice...

A metalhead in the mid 80s. Later on in that beautiful decade, still in my teens, listened more to 60s and british psychedelica (Bevis Frond, Ozrics) which made me grow an interest in fx and synthesized sounds. By the early 90s I had grown a very wide interest in music, and had played the guitar in various styles of bands, and then I bought my first piece of kit, an E-mu EmaxII sampler (2 Mb of Ram and a 100 Mb HD!!!) to use in our industrial metal band. Then a friend let me hear Autechre's Tri Repetae and I was sold... Didn't touch my guitar anymore for 5 years... From various CDs that came with magazines learnt about Mark Broom, Unit Moebius, PWOG, KK stuff, and the likes, but my main interest was still with Autechre, Speedy J (Shocking Hobby/Public Energy N°1 stuff), Scorn..., both listening and playing.

Many years later, late 90s, ran into an old musician friend. Great drummer had turned into a DJ, and his friend was one of the main agents in Belgium with all the big names in his portfolio. So of I went to this all new world of clubbing Belgium (Kozzmozz, Fuse, ...). Surgeon/BMB/Regis, Ritchie Whoretits?, T-quest, DJ Rush and Space DJs were the new heroes! I certainly wasn't a weekly clubber, and I'm not one to say no when it comes to chemical substances, but after two years, I grew a bit tired of the fucked up company I hung around with. When the drugs aren't for fun anymore... So the last ten years I haven't heard any techno at all. Anyway, Zappa had taken up all my time by then, which had thrown me off making any music at all. Why bother? No talent, perseverance, nor discipline... :-D

After my Zappa phase (3 years of practically nothing else than listening to his extensive catalog), I somehow got back into making music again, and oddly enough, I always ended up making heavy 4x4 techno loops going nowhere and guitar drones.
To end this already too long introduction: After making more than twenty years of (electronic) music, being 40+, I finally asked myself the question 'what makes good techno?' and ended up here on Subsekt... Lucky Cunt I am!

So, expect me to drop in from time to time with the usual noob stuff. I mainly have my idea of techno based on milleniumish club mix CDs with no names, so I trust the walking techno encyclopediae of this forum to help in this regard, and guide me to some aural pleasure!

I mainly work in Ableton Live, but have 'some' hardware of various kinds collected over the years, and an additional DSP platform (Scope) for synths and fx.

Thanks for having me...
As you were.

Andy
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ahhh Ozric Tentacles...

used to love this one so many years ago, around the time I bought my first synth.
trippy stuff

youtu.be/UVZxpoq166Q

and yeah Speedy J during the Public Energy Nr 1 and Shocking Hobby time,
some brutal force.
still love most of those albums...

u weest welgekomen foef !
klinkt niet echt hetzelfde in het Nederlands hé... :D

cunt !

always welcome to drop by my studio some day for a few beers and gear/music chat

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

Hades wrote:ahhh Ozric Tentacles...
More than twenty years later, I can say Eat Static is 'not really what I enjoy', but it sure was my introduction to the rave/dance scene...
Hades wrote:Speedy J ...
also a bit looked upon by the forum nowadays? but Loudboxer is the album that kept me connected to techno the last decade. Like I said, I don't have much techno knowledge/tracks, but this album has always been my inspiration when thinking 'techno'.

Hades wrote:u weest welgekomen foef !
LuL :mrgreen:
Hades wrote:always welcome to drop by my studio some day for a few beers and gear/music chat
will do! thanks! where is your turf? Mortsel here, you're welcome too, but we need a shoe horn to fit two persons in my bass lacking li'l studio...

Andy

'uneducated techno': https://soundcloud.com/borgtechnologies/sharx-mix
Andy

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

borg wrote:Hello united Cunts of this forum,

I have been lurking some time, before the Head Cunt of this forum granted me permission to post here, and I gather this is the correct way to address one another...

During the past two months I have been reading up a lot and learning heaps of stuff already (Bumload a nonono... and still waiting for that matthias tutorial), found some answers, many more got raised, and had some eyeopeners too. Anyway, I'm a complete techno novice...

A metalhead in the mid 80s. Later on in that beautiful decade, still in my teens, listened more to 60s and british psychedelica (Bevis Frond, Ozrics) which made me grow an interest in fx and synthesized sounds. By the early 90s I had grown a very wide interest in music, and had played the guitar in various styles of bands, and then I bought my first piece of kit, an E-mu EmaxII sampler (2 Mb of Ram and a 100 Mb HD!!!) to use in our industrial metal band. Then a friend let me hear Autechre's Tri Repetae and I was sold... Didn't touch my guitar anymore for 5 years... From various CDs that came with magazines learnt about Mark Broom, Unit Moebius, PWOG, KK stuff, and the likes, but my main interest was still with Autechre, Speedy J (Shocking Hobby/Public Energy N°1 stuff), Scorn..., both listening and playing.

Many years later, late 90s, ran into an old musician friend. Great drummer had turned into a DJ, and his friend was one of the main agents in Belgium with all the big names in his portfolio. So of I went to this all new world of clubbing Belgium (Kozzmozz, Fuse, ...). Surgeon/BMB/Regis, Ritchie ., T-quest, DJ Rush and Space DJs were the new heroes! I certainly wasn't a weekly clubber, and I'm not one to say no when it comes to chemical substances, but after two years, I grew a bit tired of the fucked up company I hung around with. When the drugs aren't for fun anymore... So the last ten years I haven't heard any techno at all. Anyway, Zappa had taken up all my time by then, which had thrown me off making any music at all. Why bother? No talent, perseverance, nor discipline... :-D

After my Zappa phase (3 years of practically nothing else than listening to his extensive catalog), I somehow got back into making music again, and oddly enough, I always ended up making heavy 4x4 techno loops going nowhere and guitar drones.
To end this already too long introduction: After making more than twenty years of (electronic) music, being 40+, I finally asked myself the question 'what makes good techno?' and ended up here on Subsekt... Lucky Cunt I am!

So, expect me to drop in from time to time with the usual noob stuff. I mainly have my idea of techno based on milleniumish club mix CDs with no names, so I trust the walking techno encyclopediae of this forum to help in this regard, and guide me to some aural pleasure!

I mainly work in Ableton Live, but have 'some' hardware of various kinds collected over the years, and an additional DSP platform (Scope) for synths and fx.

Thanks for having me...
As you were.

Andy

Who is this cunt stealing my name.
Why did the head cunt of this forum even let this twat in???!!!

Anyhow now you're here. Welcome! :?

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

ashley BORG wrote:Who is this cunt stealing my name.
aren't we, borg, supposed to be one???
Head Cunt may not be so almighty? (who is HC actually?)

but thanks... :twisted:
Andy