1973 Techno - Igor Wakhévitch

General Chat // Music Discussion
Sey
Chernobyl
1973 Techno - Igor Wakhévitch

Post by Sey »

Outstanding track, really powerful. The whole LP is definitely worth a listen if you're into crazy satanistic soundscapes.

youtu.be/lNcTePruv3Y

Enjoy 8-)

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Re: 1973 Techno - Igor Wakhévitch

Post by msl »

Awesome.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Contort
athlete

Post by Contort »

Sey wrote:Outstanding track, really powerful. The whole LP is definitely worth a listen if you're into crazy satanistic soundscapes.

youtu.be/lNcTePruv3Y

Enjoy 8-)
With a heavy kickdrum on top I wouldn't blink an eye at this being released nowadays. Ive noticed a few techno tracks with these horrible out of tune (?) / terrible sounding synths running through the past year.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I'm impressed, and surprised he didn't get covered in my university course. A lot of his contemporaries were covered, but this is something else.

Re Contort, I have to say I do like a bit of out of tune... To some extent I'm just bored of Western scales, especially when it comes to loops. Even if its badly tuned synths or mis behaving control voltages to make it go outside the pitch norm, i still often find it more interesting.

This so much more than just some modular out of tune synths, the rhythms, the reverbs, the space and quality... It actually seems composed AND coherent, rather than composed and just arty mess, or non-composed random stuff.

Actually I am not THAT surprised anymore writing this and thinking about it, because there are loads of gems from the 70s, and I guess although in some senses before its time, probably not that influential or pioneering for it to stand out. I am still impressed with the music and processes he must have gone through though.