Long time no see

General Chat // Music Discussion
0dd
Get in the back of the van
Long time no see

Post by 0dd »

What's up guys? Haven't been here for too long. The new job I got sucked ass big time. Completely devoured me and gave shit back. 300h months average. I fucked them off, moved back to my old job where there's almost nothing to do and started learning to code. Applied for an online school and waiting for there response tomorrow.
Haven't touch anything music related for a loooong time except turning on the tr8s 2-3 times and playing for 5-10 minutes max. Kind of get now why I've been grumpy and assholeish lately. Music's missing!
Anyway, enough about me. How are all y'all doing', what's been going on?
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Amøbe
Moderate
Re: Long time no see

Post by Amøbe »

Hey Odd :) nice to see you back here!

I got a job and that's stressful as fuck - I don't have as much time to make music, as I used to, but the time I have got is often more intense - so that's something

illit_
Gazza

Post by illit_ »

In the pub life work routine of losing my evenings to make money, works good with making tunes if i get up reasonably after going to bed at 2am.

300hrs sounds dead though, what work was that?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Hey man,

Aye, working is a necessary evil. A devils pact!

I definitely seem to go through phases as I get older , of being super busy with work, family etc.. and forgetting to make time for myself. As long as you recognise the signs eventually & learn to occasionally shout WOAH!!! - It gets better.

Anyway.. it's good to be busy. We always find something to complain about regardless 👍👍

Definitely agree with being grumpy without being able to create. It's an important release. Fair play to you for learning to code & do something new. Change is good.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

0dd wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:50 pm
The new job I got sucked ass big time. Completely devoured me and gave shit back. 300h months average.
One of the biggest (and sometimes easiest to miss in the bustle of life) lessons to learn is that free time is more valuable than money.
0dd wrote:
I fucked them off,
*Applause*
0dd wrote:
Kind of get now why I've been grumpy and assholeish lately. Music's missing!
Having that outlet can be so cathartic, it's like therapy.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

Hey odd welcome back!
Good to hear you quit that job man that sounds like way too much work. 15h a day or something?
Youre a cook if i remember correctly?
Better find some time again too make music, even if its very limited its rewarding imo.
Just let off some steam for an hour or so!

Iam still freelancing which is cool as you can choose your freetime, but its also a constant hussle getting the jobs i want.
And i also have to organise everything all the time which can be a pain in the ass too.
Sometimes i miss the stability of a normal job but then again 5 weeks of holiday per year, pff come on...

0dd

Post by 0dd »

illit_ wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:30 pm
300hrs sounds dead though, what work was that?
Head chef. And that's not even that bad for that role. Fuck that bs.
Críoch wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:31 am
Anyway.. it's good to be busy. We always find something to complain about regardless 👍👍
I love being busy. I hate being bored. I hate being busy with a job where you make a shitload of cash for the owner and he steps on you and your team like maggots. No respect, no good job, not even a good pay. GTFO.
Ben Kohonays wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:46 am
One of the biggest (and sometimes easiest to miss in the bustle of life) lessons to learn is that free time is more valuable than money.
Indeed. I mean, I get the role takes A LOT of your time, which I willfully sacrificed, but working 15h days, bad pay AND you treat me like shit. Rather be homeless.
over9000 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:01 am
Better find some time again too make music, even if its very limited its rewarding imo.
Just let off some steam for an hour or so!

Iam still freelancing which is cool as you can choose your freetime, but its also a constant hussle getting the jobs i want.
And i also have to organise everything all the time which can be a pain in the ass too.
Sometimes i miss the stability of a normal job but then again 5 weeks of holiday per year, pff come on...
Yeah man, even those few minutes with the tr8s.. Felt like oh yeah I still got it in me :D I'll be doing more of that now.
Man fuck stability. That's the shittiest card they pull on people. Fuck the roof over your head and the boss over your shoulder!
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I miss you guys.

Hey Odd, I'm so glad you realised how much working those kinds of hours was getting to you and made a really positive change to do the right thing for you. Balance is key and that kind of amount of work just aint good for anyone.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

wait wait wait 300 hours?! I just got to think about how many hours I work a month (I work full time) - it is less than half of 300 hours!

Glad you said stop - that is a dangerous work load!

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Dave wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:34 pm
I miss you guys.

Hey Odd, I'm so glad you realised how much working those kinds of hours was getting to you and made a really positive change to do the right thing for you. Balance is key and that kind of amount of work just aint good for anyone.
Miss you too, Stacie :)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Oh shit, I forgot about Dave.

I was like 'who the fuck is this generically named man with 1200 posts?'

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Dave is serious.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Dave wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:34 pm
I miss you guys.

youtu.be/pGW4LrdC5Zw
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

0dd wrote:
What's up guys? Haven't been here for too long. The new job I got sucked ass big time. Completely devoured me and gave shit back. 300h months average. I fucked them off, moved back to my old job where there's almost nothing to do and started learning to code. Applied for an online school and waiting for there response tomorrow.
Haven't touch anything music related for a loooong time except turning on the tr8s 2-3 times and playing for 5-10 minutes max. Kind of get now why I've been grumpy and assholeish lately. Music's missing!
Anyway, enough about me. How are all y'all doing', what's been going on?
Fair play man. Good to see you again. It's always nice to see returning member. Hope you can find the time to hang around again.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Putting everyone in this thread on my ignore list.

0dd

Post by 0dd »

youtu.be/r6TsxDGtMpA
Amøbe wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:49 am
wait wait wait 300 hours?! I just got to think about how many hours I work a month (I work full time) - it is less than half of 300 hours!

Glad you said stop - that is a dangerous work load!
The tipping point was when 2 of my cooks were away for two weeks, I was there 9am-11pm/01am on weekends. Somewhere at the end of those two weeks I fell on the stairs to the kitchen as I was exausted. The workload was worse than the hours. Huge guest turnover, sunday was sold out by Wednesday. I started to hate the radio when they say on a Thursday "hang in there people weekend's almost here". Man fuck the weekend!
Glad I finally decided to use the leverage of the internet. Work from home, normal hours for a foreign company. The only way to get paid decently in this god forsaken land.