What video games are you folks playing?

General Chat // Music Discussion
P0607r0n
Metric Martyr
Re: What video games are you folks playing?

Post by P0607r0n »

I felt like to add some recent find into here. Just snatched Darkest Dungeon in a steam sale couple of days ago, and maaan this game is good.
Turn based dungeon crawler in dark fantasy setting. Your characters die often, also they loose sanity, and get mentally ill while fighting with the evil. The graphics are beautifully drawn, and everything has this Lovecraftian spirit in it.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

Sounds cool! I loved gaming in the past, but now i just dont have time anymore.. if i have free time i deicate it to production and occasionally djing ..
I really loved the first dishonored but thats some years ago ofc. And fallout

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Yeah I have a lot of time, but no money. Choices were made, but it doesn't mean I can't turn it other way around (till some extent of course). :)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Just finished Kingdom Come Deliverance.
A historically accurate medieval sandbox game where you journey from peasant to knight.
Great.

Before that I was exploring the universe with no mans sky, also great.

Not sure what I will start next. Darkestville Castle probably.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

used to plai lineage 2, but it's so time consuming game, it's just grind and it's more like teamolay, it quite funny, in Russia it's most popular mmo game and people actually make living out of it. Use to play cs:go and dota 2, however to much rage and hate in there. I was rts fan and i'm still i'm usex to live warcraft 3 and starcraft 2, however as time paased i was focusing on music and there was no time for it, if i would start play i would go withou any brakes and i will forget about music. I love elder of scrolls skyrim, best rpg so far for me, i like that ancient mystical stuff, so i at the moment i don't play anything

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:52 pm
A historically accurate medieval sandbox game where you journey from peasant to knight.
Great.

I wanted to play that since it came out last year. I was slightly careful so I waited (I had tons of other games to play anyway) and read reviews and other peoples thoughts. Apparently there have been some updates that makes it smoother where it was a little rough (battles, lack of fast travel etc) and I love those types of games so I will give it a shot soon enough.

Currently playing; Dark Souls III again.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Great.

Wanted to play Kingdom Come as well! But it will need to wait until I'll save up for a console, or gaming rig. For now Darkest Dungeon works good for me, as it can be run smooth on a potato. :D

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Mattias wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:46 pm
Lost to the Void wrote:
Great.

I wanted to play that since it came out last year. I was slightly careful so I waited (I had tons of other games to play anyway) and read reviews and other peoples thoughts. Apparently there have been some updates that makes it smoother where it was a little rough (battles, lack of fast travel etc) and I love those types of games so I will give it a shot soon enough.

Currently playing; Dark Souls III again.
Oh yeah by the time I bought it, all the kinks were gone, it was a very smooth experience, and you are existing in a real world place in Czech, it's weird going on googlemaps after the game and seeing these towns haven`t changed that much since 1403
There are loads of side quests to do and things to observe. The scenery is Witcher 3 good, but more real world, just walking around the woods can be beautiful as a stag emerges from some bushes into a pool of light in a break in the trees ...... and then you shoot it with a bow and an arrow because you have been put to work by the local lord...
Getting acosted by bandits ambushing you as you journey on horseback at night between towns, with nothing but flaming torchlight to see the path ahead, your path blocked by a crashed cart, not there when you past earlier..
There`s lots of little random things that happen, and the main quest itself is a really good and very deep (real world) story.
And your behavior has repercussions everywhere you go, and your standing in one village might not the be the same as another.

I think it`s sort of close to Witcher 3 standard myself, but loses out a teeny bit for being TOO realistic. It`s a hardcore roleplaying game, it`s quite brutal, and when you start you really suck at combat, you genuinely have to earn fighting experience (in many disciplines) in game, you can`t mash buttons or wing it, or sooner or later you`ll get your ass handed to you. And no matter what moral path you take, or how cavalier or reserved you are at fighting, it`s a feudal world and sometimes you just have to fight.

There`s quite a lot of fun to be had breaking rules too, as the world is both very restrained... being a time of peak Christianity........ but also pretty lawless... there is a different balance of morals, simpler, with few grey areas.
New Shit

Meatwad
Onions

Post by Meatwad »

Currently playing 2 games:

Breath of the Wild
And
Dishonoured 2.

Breath of the Wild because... Well just because it's one of the best games I've played in a while. Dishonoured 2 is to satisfy my steampunk/dystopian/assassin fantasy :)

Although have to say the first dishonoured is currently above the sequel in my ratings.

SpecificObjects
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by SpecificObjects »

Got bitten by the Smash bug after years of ignoring the franchise or simply not owning the appropriate hardware. (Looking at you Wii U!) Online competitive is endless fun and the single player mode is actually really good (even though snatching spirits gets a bit tiresome after a while).

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Just started Hard West. So far it's pretty cool.
Turn based RPG like shadowrun but set in the old West. Deals with the devil, gold runs in Mexico, evil railroad owners. Good fun.
Very hard.
New Shit

Masari
sad bastard

Post by Masari »

gedda wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:21 am
I've been on that Overwatch lately. I'm hooked on it, I can't wait until the next competitive season.
Come to Apex Legends mate.
Very funny and free !

So this is what i play atm :
PES on PS4 ( Fifa is a total crap this year )
Apex Legends on comp
Soul Calibur on PS4
Have to finish RDR2 but not motivated anymore.

Will play soon :
Detroit Become Human
Life is Strange
Cyberpunk 2077 once released
Devil May Cry

TonyVegazz
brown envelope

Post by TonyVegazz »

I still love gaming even though i don't have the time for it. But i can't turn hobbies completely down so i drag myself
through 'Bloodborne' at the moment - great game, but sometimes a real pain in the ass

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Farcry 5 at the moment.
Great game play but the story is fucking stupid. Almost gamebreakingly stupid.
New Shit

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

TonyVegazz wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:07 pm

'Bloodborne'
Definitely one of the best games ever made. I really love the "Souls-borne" games.

Contention / 005

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I finished Breath Of The Wild about 6 weeks ago and I felt like I'd genuinely lost something really beautiful.

I've played plenty of games over the years but there was something about that one. It's just perfect.
It's beautiful, challenging and immersive. I enjoyed skilling up, going hunting, doing the side quest and the shrines just as much as I enjoyed the main game.
The music was beautiful and it was just an absolute treat for the eyes.

There's an expansion pack for it but I'm not ready to go back yet as when I do, I will be all the closer to having finished it again and in all honesty, I might even play it again.

It's hands down the best game I've played.

After that, I went to Mario and I quite liked it, well, I finished it within about 3 weeks. I did spend the whole first weekend of playing it in a total sulk as it wasn't Zelda. Once I got over that I found it to be really pretty and light and fun.

I'm currently playing both Gris and Star Dew Valley. Vastly different but both awesome indy game in their own right.

Super pleased I've made some time for gaming again.

I was sent a copy of Fall Out 3, which I'm going to fire up in the not too distant future.

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

I have no gaming pc now, so I play Dead cells and The binding of isaac, Enter the gungeon stuff like that.

The most "serious" gaming I did was playing Age of empires 2 HD online. I had to quit because of the nerves and time.

I am also a fan of "Souls borne" games. I will probably buy ps4 just for Bloodborne.
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Dave wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:22 pm
I finished Breath Of The Wild about 6 weeks ago and I felt like I'd genuinely lost something really beautiful.
Funny you mention this. I re-started this game 10th of March this year (which was it's released date 2 years ago). It's the second time I'm playing it, really felt like I should get back to this game for it's meditative & lush type of atmosphere and game-play. I've had a huge need for just that type of game-play for a while and I'm glad I restarted it. Quite soon finished with it again though.
Divjak wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:54 pm
Dead cells
Had tons of fun with Dead Cells last year, it was definitely one of the best games during 2018.
Divjak wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:54 pm
I am also a fan of "Souls borne" games. I will probably buy ps4 just for Bloodborne.
Mandatory game!

Contention / 005

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Mattias wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:08 pm

Dare I ask, is there anything remotely like it? Everyone said Mario was the second best game on the Switch but, meh. I just want Zelda back to be honest.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Dave wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Dare I ask, is there anything remotely like it? Everyone said Mario was the second best game on the Switch but, meh. I just want Zelda back to be honest.
At least not on the Switch. There are many other great games in the open world-adventure-rpg style though. The Witcher III & Skyrim are probably the first ones that comes to mind and I think both of them are better then BOTW.

Contention / 005