New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Kirshv
Interact. Don't Spam.
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Kirshv »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:05 pm
Yeah, Wagon club sadly closed ages ago... Was awesome.
Isn`t mainliner and those boys still doing parties in Wroclaw?
I just made a little research and... he's gonna play on 5th of October!
https://www.facebook.com/events/472727303210505/

I'm so glad you mentioned it, because I would miss it for sure!
It's going to be a looooong journey before I get to know underground techno scene well... But it seems like it's going to be awesome journey :lol:

Wavepeak
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Wavepeak »

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a bit so I figured it was time to interact, but not spam...

This increasingly lazy body has seen 40 summers and produced music for 23 of them. I live in Connecticut so I occasionally get down to NYC or up to Boston for a show, seeing any of the industrial bands I may have missed the first time around in my formative years.

Crippling self-doubt explained away as perfectionism means I have a hard drive full of music that I want to do more with, but have an impossible time saying it is ever finished or feeling it is worthy of clogging other people's ears. I am hoping to change that.

I started out doing industrial/90's goth club stuff back in the day. Now I enjoy making ambient and techno in a small room in the upstairs at my house, or on my lunch break at work. The 80's EBM and industrial influence in acts such as Phase Fatale and Blush Response pulled me back into regularly producing, it had been on and off for a few years. I'm mostly ITB.

There is a wealth of talent and information in this forum, I'm really happy to have found it.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Wavepeak wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:34 pm
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a bit so I figured it was time to interact, but not spam...

This increasingly lazy body has seen 40 summers and produced music for 23 of them. I live in Connecticut so I occasionally get down to NYC or up to Boston for a show, seeing any of the industrial bands I may have missed the first time around in my formative years.

Crippling self-doubt explained away as perfectionism means I have a hard drive full of music that I want to do more with, but have an impossible time saying it is ever finished or feeling it is worthy of clogging other people's ears. I am hoping to change that.

I started out doing industrial/90's goth club stuff back in the day. Now I enjoy making ambient and techno in a small room in the upstairs at my house, or on my lunch break at work. The 80's EBM and industrial influence in acts such as Phase Fatale and Blush Response pulled me back into regularly producing, it had been on and off for a few years. I'm mostly ITB.

There is a wealth of talent and information in this forum, I'm really happy to have found it.
don't be shy to share some of your music.
perfectionism sounds VERY familiar.
Self doubt is I think a necessary evil.
Only shit folks like Paris Hilton never doubt themselves :lol:
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

and welcome to subsekt

Ben Kohonays
Obsessed

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Hades wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:45 pm
Only shit folks like Paris Hilton never doubt themselves :lol:
WORD.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome to all recent new folk.

Thanks for dropping by & writing a few words about yourselves :)

Appreciate it & hope to see ye around!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

JakobRobb
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by JakobRobb »

Hello everyone.. I'm going to start being a little more active on the forum, so this seems the perfect place to start!

I've only been into techno (broadly speaking) for the past 3 years, and so my tastes are still changing and expanding frequently the more I hear. What I look for in techno currently is anything with a bit of melody and emotion or that incorporate vocals in a unique way (@Lost to the Void's track is bang on with what I mean about melody and emotion... and Nocow - Forgiven is an example of a track which incorporates vocals in a really unique way).

I'm currently just a bedroom DJ and producer; my musical style and mixing/mastering abilities are still developing and so I hope to post some of my tracks on here in the near future!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome man! Glad you found us.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

JakobRobb wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:43 pm
Hello everyone.. I'm going to start being a little more active on the forum, so this seems the perfect place to start!

I've only been into techno (broadly speaking) for the past 3 years, and so my tastes are still changing and expanding frequently the more I hear. What I look for in techno currently is anything with a bit of melody and emotion or that incorporate vocals in a unique way (@Lost to the Void's track is bang on with what I mean about melody and emotion... and Nocow - Forgiven is an example of a track which incorporates vocals in a really unique way).

I'm currently just a bedroom DJ and producer; my musical style and mixing/mastering abilities are still developing and so I hope to post some of my tracks on here in the near future!
Welcome! I'm about at the same spot as you level wise. Don't be hesitant to share some projects, the one thing about subsekt I can guarantee 100% is that you will get nothing but constructive feedback. Even the folks which aren't into your type of music will probably mention it, but still try to help you out. Just give some of your own, no matter how noob or not you are. Which Void's track do you mean? Check this out for some crazy! youtu.be/JsMnfE9il0s
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Kirshv wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:27 pm
Lost to the Void wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:05 pm
Yeah, Wagon club sadly closed ages ago... Was awesome.
Isn`t mainliner and those boys still doing parties in Wroclaw?
I just made a little research and... he's gonna play on 5th of October!
https://www.facebook.com/events/472727303210505/

I'm so glad you mentioned it, because I would miss it for sure!
It's going to be a looooong journey before I get to know underground techno scene well... But it seems like it's going to be awesome journey :lol:
Get to know that crew. They are great people and they have supported techno since the late 90s.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

Hey guys!

I have been lurking for a long time now and I think its time to say hello. I am Gasper (24) from Slovenia. I have learnt tons from this forum (its def my favorite place on the net), but you know how the learning process is... Every time I take a step towards better sound a giant sledgehammer hits my face and I think that my skills are not ready yet. I really enjoy Huren, Kareem, Mslwte, Sagae, Tolkachev, JK Flesh, Ontal. I like labels like pi electronics, Ad noiseam, instruments of discipline, Jezgro. I also enjoy noise (proper noise show can make you feel heaven), metal and bands that do weird shit (W.A.S.T.E.). I remember hearing sounds of Schranz from my neighbors window as a child, I was scared of it shitless. I still like music that induces fear, it makes me feel alive.

I have made a lot of tracks - they suck on some level. But my sound has definitely improved thanks to your no bullshit advice on EQ and compression, those are my favorite topics. :)

I plan to contribute more to this community, as I try to make some nasty pointless art.
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Divjak wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:07 pm
Hey guys!

I have been lurking for a long time now and I think its time to say hello. I am Gasper (24) from Slovenia. I have learnt tons from this forum (its def my favorite place on the net), but you know how the learning process is... Every time I take a step towards better sound a giant sledgehammer hits my face and I think that my skills are not ready yet. I really enjoy Huren, Kareem, Mslwte, Sagae, Tolkachev, JK Flesh, Ontal. I like labels like pi electronics, Ad noiseam, instruments of discipline, Jezgro. I also enjoy noise (proper noise show can make you feel heaven), metal and bands that do weird shit (W.A.S.T.E.). I remember hearing sounds of Schranz from my neighbors window as a child, I was scared of it shitless. I still like music that induces fear, it makes me feel alive.

I have made a lot of tracks - they suck on some level. But my sound has definitely improved thanks to your no bullshit advice on EQ and compression, those are my favorite topics. :)

I plan to contribute more to this community, as I try to make some nasty pointless art.
excellent, the world needs more nasty pointless art, especially if it's free from ego. ;)

I would say welcome, but you've been here for 4 years already.

JakobRobb
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by JakobRobb »

0dd wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:01 am
JakobRobb wrote:

Welcome! I'm about at the same spot as you level wise. Don't be hesitant to share some projects, the one thing about subsekt I can guarantee 100% is that you will get nothing but constructive feedback. Even the folks which aren't into your type of music will probably mention it, but still try to help you out. Just give some of your own, no matter how noob or not you are. Which Void's track do you mean? Check this out for some crazy! youtu.be/JsMnfE9il0s
I definitely will share some as soon as I can, not too shy about it, just dont have enough activity on the forum yet to do it. I was talking about the one he has showing up under his posts here with the intriguing title. Yeah man I dig that track also, thanks for sharing!

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

JakobRobb wrote:
West Yorkshire take over. Represent!

JakobRobb
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by JakobRobb »

Planar wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:06 pm
JakobRobb wrote:
West Yorkshire take over. Represent!
Oi Oi :D

Rhzyn
clown

Post by Rhzyn »

Hi everybody. Not very good with words nor at talking about myself but I'll try.

I'm originally from Brazil but emigrated to Canada 6 years ago.

I've been into electronic music since 2000. I was more of a punk rock guy at the time but I had this friend that was really into e-music and I couldn't understand why. She insisted on giving me this K7 with some of her favorite tracks, which I reluctantly accepted. One day I was alone at home, there's was nothing to do, and I decided to give it a try.

The very first song was this:

youtu.be/mevYbz4rW7g

I loved it the first time I heard it. It sounded amazing.

I wanted more, and started looking for similar things (I still love and hear Christian Morgenstern to this day, definitely one of my favorite artists).

I don't know if any of you ever watched it, but MTV used to air this show called AMP every Friday around 1 am back in the day (in Brazil at least). It was dedicated to electronic music, all genres.

That, my friend and the Internet were my main sources of "finding" new stuff at the beginning. I think I watched every AMP show their aired that year :lol: . There was no bandcamp or soundcloud back then and I obsessively listened to anything electronic music related that I had the chance to hear. Of course, after a while I started going to parties and all of that.

Techno is my first love and the music I listen more. Besides that I really, really like electro and am always looking for interesting tracks old or new.

I've been playing with Ableton for about a month now to put some musical ideas in practice. I was looking for sites where I could learn from people who were going or went through the same things that I'm going through right now and that's how I found this site.

This is the very first thing that I've "finished" and liked the way it sounds:

I customized every sound on that track to fit my vision and of course, it's far from ready, there's still a ton of things to do to improve it.

When I look at the amount of things that I have to learn and master to make that sound better, it's bit scary tbqh.

I'm reading and practicing as much as I can but will probably be posting some stupid questions here every now and then. :oops:

cheers!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Rhzyn wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:36 am
Hi everybody. Not very good with words nor at talking about myself but I'll try.

I'm originally from Brazil but emigrated to Canada 6 years ago.
you did quite ok looking at your post. :)

Where are you located in Canada (and why did you move, if I may ask ?)

Rhzyn wrote:
This is the very first thing that I've "finished" and liked the way it sounds:

I customized every sound on that track to fit my vision and of course, it's far from ready, there's still a ton of things to do to improve it.
It takes balls to post a track on your 1st post and after such a short time into production.
There's a dedicated part of the forum to ask for feedback on tracks you're working on btw.
Personally, I would not use the ping pong panning on your kick. It just has a sort of dizzying effect in the end.
You're better off doing that to the percussion parts.
Rhzyn wrote:
When I look at the amount of things that I have to learn and master to make that sound better, it's bit scary tbqh.

I'm reading and practicing as much as I can but will probably be posting some stupid questions here every now and then. :oops:
that's what keeps it interesting.

welcome to subsekt, and try to be creative with the swearing ! ;)

abhineet212
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by abhineet212 »

Namastey Guys !!

I am Abhineet from India. I have been following this community for quite some time.

I love all sorts of techno especially the festivals stuff like Enrico Sangiuliano's work. I started producing techno six months back. I love psychedelic trance too so sometimes find myself hanging in the between the two genres :roll:

Its feels great to see fellow dreamers around.

:) :) :) :) :)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

India!! Excellent :)

Welcome man

abhineet212
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by abhineet212 »

Críoch wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:07 am
India!! Excellent :)

Welcome man

Thanks mate 8-) :) :) :)