How clean is your studio?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
How clean is your studio?

Post by Críoch »

I'm cleaning my room properly today for the 1st time in about 2 years.

It's been so full of college work & papers, that I haven't wanted to disturb the seemingly disorganised mounts of coursework piled around the room. Anyway - it's happening.

I found a dead bird under the cushion where the Cat comes down & sits a couple of weeks ago.. so fcuk knows how long it was there haha. She had pulled the cushion over it, so that's why I didnt see it. Kinda made me want to sort out the mess..

Also gonna be increasing the height of my desk as its too low & hurts my neck when I'm sitting down.

_______

So am I alone here?

Do ye have a nice tidy dust free zone in your studio? or should the health inspectors be called in?

haha

KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

ARiFF
snıuǝƃ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ
Re: How clean is your studio?

Post by ARiFF »

I found a dead bird under the cushion where the Cat comes down & sits a couple of weeks ago.. so fcuk knows how long it was there haha.
rofl :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Pics or it didnt happen !

this thread should be called : "Show us your studio" or summin.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Haha - I can't remember if I took a photo or not Klaas! I was thinking that earlier & think I was just laughing so much about it that I forgot. Will look in my phone though. Don't think I have one though.. :roll:

It was a female blackbird if that helps you visualise it. Just imagine it with 2 raisin's for eyes :mrgreen:

yeah - When you find dead animals in your house, it's time to clean it lol

KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

That's proof right there man lol.

Well I don't clen my studio very often but I do tidy it alot! I did infact clean a short while ago and it was kinda satisfying. But now my studio is empty as ive been packing everything away ready for my move next week. The only thing I found was a crusty tissue lol
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

I need my studio corner tidy in order to focus. Too much crap is too distracting and i learned that i can work much better with a tigher outcome in a rather clean situation.

Chaos on the desk is chaos in the head. Some people need that, other's don't. And some don't notice the problem and just keep wondering why they can't finish anything. Well, there you've got it ;)

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

mine is pretty tidy. i agree with rktic. too much clutter and it messes with my head.

edit: YES show us your studio!

here's mine
Attachments
studiosmall.jpg
studiosmall.jpg (65.67 KiB) Viewed 2951 times

ARiFF
snıuǝƃ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ

Post by ARiFF »

Man thats pretty sweet :) Wish i could show a pic myself, but since i dont have a "studio" ( yet !! ) i cant :D

There's one coming soon though as me and the missus are gonna build a new house. We're currently working together with the architect to get everything drawn. The studio will be a seperate building from the main house, so i can make some noise without disturbing the neighbours or my kid when he's asleep. I'm going to start a thread on it as soon as i have all the needed information, so i can get some tips from everyone in here. Just need to wait a little bit longer :) :)

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Mine's tidy. I cant work with a mess around me
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Esh
unsure

Post by Esh »

ARiFF wrote:Man thats pretty sweet :) Wish i could show a pic myself, but since i dont have a "studio" ( yet !! ) i cant :D

There's one coming soon though as me and the missus are gonna build a new house. We're currently working together with the architect to get everything drawn. The studio will be a seperate building from the main house, so i can make some noise without disturbing the neighbours or my kid when he's asleep. I'm going to start a thread on it as soon as i have all the needed information, so i can get some tips from everyone in here. Just need to wait a little bit longer :) :)

Man, thats proper cool. By the way Im an architect by trade. And obviously we share interests. I also wrote a research paper on designing studio spaces. So id be more than happy to answer any questions you may want to ask.

Can't wait till I am designing my own studio.................

ARiFF
snıuǝƃ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ

Post by ARiFF »

Technoist wrote:
ARiFF wrote:Man thats pretty sweet :) Wish i could show a pic myself, but since i dont have a "studio" ( yet !! ) i cant :D

Man, thats proper cool. By the way Im an architect by trade. And obviously we share interests. I also wrote a research paper on designing studio spaces. So id be more than happy to answer any questions you may want to ask.

Can't wait till I am designing my own studio.................

Proper cool you say ? The fact you're an architect yourself thats totally out of control ultra cool with sugar and a cherry on top. :mrgreen: As soon as we have decided on the house plans, phase 2 will be the extra building at the back. We have a meeting 6th of July and will decide than What i know atm is that the effective usable square metres will be about 40sqm². I have a friend over here, who's producer with a pro studio aswell, and he has been showing me around in his so i could see how its build.

I cant wait to get started ! :lol:

Esh
unsure

Post by Esh »

Nice 40m2, do you do band work too?

ARiFF
snıuǝƃ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ

Post by ARiFF »

Technoist wrote:Nice 40m2, do you do band work too?
Not at all my friend, but when i read back my previous post i can see why you would ask that. :oops: My english isn't that good so to clear things up : i''m not a professional producer, and i certainly don't want to claim being one either...

I'm in love with everything that is electronic music since i've been young and i try to mold stuff which comes out of my chaotic mind into what could be called as an attempt to make a track from my bedroom.

Pffjew that took me some time to write down. :mrgreen:

Esh
unsure

Post by Esh »

ARiFF wrote:
Technoist wrote:Nice 40m2, do you do band work too?
Not at all my friend, but when i read back my previous post i can see why you would ask that. :oops: My english isn't that good so to clear things up : i''m not a professional producer, and i certainly don't want to claim being one either...

I'm in love with everything that is electronic music since i've been young and i try to mold stuff which comes out of my chaotic mind into what could be called as an attempt to make a track from my bedroom.

Pffjew that took me some time to write down. :mrgreen:

I only asked because of the size of it mate, you could fit a band in a studio space of about 25m2 (not generously, but you can). So with 40m2 you can do allot. Happy days

Vorlis
hunger marcher

Post by Vorlis »

I spent all day yesterday cleaning my studio/garage finished up at about 6pm then went to work, wile I was out the heavens opened and came home to find it compley flooded, tryin to dry out carpet with standing puddles is a fuckin nightmare. I had a guy comming in today to record a few acoustic guitar tracks and there's no hope now, I think my sofa has to go as well. Absolute fuckin dasaster.

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

I don't have a studio. Got a desk on the attick where i have all my stuff. I clean it every now and then, but somehow its a mess after 1 maybe 2 days. I need the 'chaos' around me for some weird reason! Perhaps, one day, i will find the courage to clean up, take a picture and post it.

Uff Snivitz. Good luck with cleaning up and shit like that :(
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Vorlis
hunger marcher

Post by Vorlis »

Cheers m8, I'm off now to try and tackle it now :(

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Snivitz wrote:I spent all day yesterday cleaning my studio/garage finished up at about 6pm then went to work, wile I was out the heavens opened and came home to find it compley flooded, tryin to dry out carpet with standing puddles is a fuckin nightmare. I had a guy comming in today to record a few acoustic guitar tracks and there's no hope now, I think my sofa has to go as well. Absolute fuckin dasaster.
Shit Con - sorry to hear that Man.. MISERABLE!!

What about your "equipment"etc.. Was there much damage apart from the carpet?

Any plasterboard affected?

I left the tap running here for about 15mins one of the days and mopped it all up within 30mins. The Kitchen doorframe was bowed for about 4 months after. Must be awful man. I've realised how lucky I was after my small experience.

ARiFF
snıuǝƃ ǝsɹǝʌǝɹ

Post by ARiFF »

@ Technoist : No worries buddy ! When the time is near i will spam your inbox with Q's though if you dont mind :D

Patriek wrote:I don't have a studio. Got a desk on the attick where i have all my stuff. I clean it every now and then, but somehow its a mess after 1 maybe 2 days. I need the 'chaos' around me for some weird reason! Perhaps, one day, i will find the courage to clean up, take a picture and post it.

Uff Snivitz. Good luck with cleaning up and shit like that
@ Patriek : Same here basically, its a spare room we have here in the house atm. I tend to live in a chaotic desktop environment aswell to be able to work. Something to do with creativity or maybe thats just an excuse to not clean up ;-)
Snivitz wrote:I spent all day yesterday cleaning my studio/garage finished up at about 6pm then went to work, wile I was out the heavens opened and came home to find it compley flooded, tryin to dry out carpet with standing puddles is a fuckin nightmare. I had a guy comming in today to record a few acoustic guitar tracks and there's no hope now, I think my sofa has to go as well. Absolute fuckin dasaster.
@ Snivitz : so sorry to hear that man, i hope the damage isnt too bad afterall m8 :(

Esh
unsure

Post by Esh »

ARiFF wrote:@ Technoist : No worries buddy ! When the time is near i will spam your inbox with Q's though if you dont mind :D
No worries man, big interest of mine.

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Patriek wrote:I don't have a studio. Got a desk on the attick where i have all my stuff. I clean it every now and then, but somehow its a mess after 1 maybe 2 days. I need the 'chaos' around me for some weird reason! Perhaps, one day, i will find the courage to clean up, take a picture and post it.

@ Patriek : Same here basically, its a spare room we have here in the house atm. I tend to live in a chaotic desktop environment aswell to be able to work. Something to do with creativity or maybe thats just an excuse to not clean up ;-)
I heard about some research that people with a messy desk are more effective! Seems like viable research to me! ;)
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek