How clean is your studio?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Esh
unsure
Re: How clean is your studio?

Post by Esh »

Patriek wrote:
Patriek wrote:I don't have a studio. Got a desk on the attick where i have all my stuff. I clean it every now and then, but somehow its a mess after 1 maybe 2 days. I need the 'chaos' around me for some weird reason! Perhaps, one day, i will find the courage to clean up, take a picture and post it.

@ Patriek : Same here basically, its a spare room we have here in the house atm. I tend to live in a chaotic desktop environment aswell to be able to work. Something to do with creativity or maybe thats just an excuse to not clean up ;-)
I heard about some research that people with a messy desk are more effective! Seems like viable research to me! ;)
I think its both you know. For me if its not clean & tidy with only what I need there. I can't do shit. I can imagine it being the same if you like the opposite though. The absence of clutter might make it seem a bit more hospital like. Probably great for surgical eq'ing though............;)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Here's my music box now. Al tidy & clean. That's the way I'm gonna keep it now - hopefully - haha.

Don't have any synths, or decks or anything any more. A symptom of being a poor student with 2 mortgages to pay / wanting to eat & do general life stuff.

I got this desk a while back, but it was too low & you'd get a sore neck after a short length of time there.. so I added 2 lumps of wood to the bottom of it. height is perfect now. It'll never be on the antiques roadshow - but it does the job.

There's racks under the top shelf, but I wanted to stick the space echo in there.. so I had to extend the table top underneath it with a bit of wood for it to sit on. I've got an arm like Popeye now after screwing it in.

I've the Boss SE50 and the Space Echo too. I'm gonna try & have them set up permanently. Will do that over next few days when I get some time.
John Room 1.jpg
John Room 1.jpg (123.39 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
John Room 2.jpg
John Room 2.jpg (119.35 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Patriek
Mititei

Post by Patriek »

Aaah, the Boss SE50...used to play around with that thing back in the days. I remember sneaky into my brothers 'studio' and just play with his guitar/drumcomputer and the SE50. Some awesome effects, specially with a guitar plugged in to it :)
Don't try for perfect, it's never enough
https://hearthis.at/patriek/
http://www.soundcloud.com/patriek

Ant
Alf Garnett

Post by Ant »

This is what passes for a studio in my house. Less than ideal monitor placement, I know, but need must:

And this is the living room. The CDJ only comes out when I am using (the I deal made with the wife :D ) and the laptop has Traktor Scratch and an Audio 8, but I don't use it anymore:

Oh yeah, this is my NI Maschine (kind of):

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

haha - What do you make of the Nocturn Ant?

Mine has 3 really slow & unresponsive pots. The rest are cool - but theres fk all you can do with 'em on an individual basis.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Ant
Alf Garnett

Post by Ant »

Now I have worked out the best way for me to use it, I love it and use it all the time. When I first got it I tried to map all my VSTs and that was a complete disaster.

What I do now is use the Ableton purple hand mapping. So with VSTs I will group them (even if there is nothing to group it to) then I will map the 8 macros to whatever I want to control, then play them on the Nocturn.

I end up having at least one grouping on each channel, and I save ones I use regularly as Instrument racks.
ICN wrote:haha - What do you make of the Nocturn Ant?

Mine has 3 really slow & unresponsive pots. The rest are cool - but theres fk all you can do with 'em on an individual basis.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

100% - They are shit for plug in control.

DAW control on the other hand.. VG.

Vorlis
hunger marcher

Post by Vorlis »

Nice setups guys, I ended up getting 3 electric heaters and a dehumidifier and in 2 days it dried out sweet apart from a slight smell but that's nearly gone now, no other damage apart from a stinky carpet :)