What hardware would you like to see, which doesn't exist?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
quest
will fuck for food
Re: What hardware would you like to see, which doesn't exist

Post by quest »

That reminds me of something else I wish existed. It would be great if there were well constructed 8 channels units like described above that could pageinate between groups of 8 channels on their own, but also be ganged together in sets of 2, 3, or 4 to get up to 32 channels simultaneously. I mean, for me paging around a controller is fine in the studio, but not a fan of doing it live, one control per function is way less anxiety inducing. It'd be great to have the one unit for studio work and then rent a few more for the odd live show.

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

I almost had what I wanted like that with two APC40s but the damn things are too poorly constructed and knob caps keep coming off and getting lost every gig. The crossfader has become a total mess too.

Plyphon
endless

Post by Plyphon »

I'd like some sort of Star Trek style replicator pad that builds a 3D version of whatever VST/FX you have in focus on your DAW, and then when you swap to something else it disassembles and reassembles into the VST you've just swapped to.

Everything physical, knob per function!

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

quest wrote:I almost had what I wanted like that with two APC40s but the damn things are too poorly constructed and knob caps keep coming off and getting lost every gig. The crossfader has become a total mess too.
I super-glued mine on. It doesn't hurt anything and they never came off again. Would like to get the new APC for the form factor and the send knob per channel.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659