It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: MOOG Drummer From Another Mother...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:55 pm 
Smore

I'm not a bot, and I don't work for Moog...and I don't know how to embed video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wdFyN_ ... e=youtu.be

Well, the intro sure in annoying...So is the video, but the product itself...

Post subject: Re: MOOG Drummer From Another Mother...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 pm 
non reader

What a strange environment. Stacks of old books and succulents all over the place.

Cool that they are releasing this limited DIY project for real though, Umfang seems to be able to get quite some nice sounds out of the unit. Too bad it's monophonic, 'jamming' like they try to show in the video isn't going to happen. That's why they are calling it a drum synthesizer and not a drum machine. Also $649.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm 
Smore

Well they're going the same route they did with the Mother 32, they want you to buy three of them. So you could get three Mother 32s and three DFAMs...just plop down a cool $3200 USD plus tax...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:40 pm 
non reader

I'll just have to wait for the plastic Behringer version at half the price. They could call it Product From Another Company.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:19 pm 
Jan : )

I like that a lot, especially after I had a very extensive go on the "mother 32" the other week.... time to save some cash hey...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:29 pm 
decent

it doesn't say whether you need to have a messy house in order to use it or whether it makes your house a mess by using it. i had hoped in 2018 we would have seen the last of companies using womans as tools to sell products. SMDH. i'll need to let my progressive friends know that moog are to be girlcotted until this practice stops.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:37 pm 
Interchangeable

Weirdly and completely uninteresting...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:16 pm 
Smore

Lost to the Void wrote:
Weirdly and completely uninteresting...

Compile "Girl power percussion synthesizer advertisment sell"... Output= "Content unrelated"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:51 pm 
skaghead

If I understand correctly, it's one voice for $600? Seems like a tough sell to me if it's supposed to be for percussion. But the eurorack community seem to have deep pockets, so maybe it'll sell. Not for me though.

But people hating on the video for featuring women? Get over yourselves, the point of such videos is to sell the product and probably 99% of them feature men so why not give the girls a shot. Or should we be upset about companies using men as tools to sell products as well? Might as well spread the marketing slime around evenly imo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm 
Interchangeable

I'm offended they don't have dolphins in the video. Clearly Moog are not up to speed on workplace diversity. Some dolphins making really shitty sounds giving a bad demonstration of a new product would work on me. But girls making shitty sounds? So last year darling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:32 pm 
Smore

Revaron wrote:
But people hating on the video for featuring women? Get over yourselves, the point of such videos is to sell the product and probably 99% of them feature men so why not give the girls a shot. Or should we be upset about companies using men as tools to sell products as well? Might as well spread the marketing slime around evenly imo.

I'm not hating on anything, but that video seems very contrived to me. They could release that video at any time and I feel that it would have been better served if they just released a product video first, and left the gender identities at the door for that one. Even if they used the same women as presenters. I would have released a longer version of that video later, discussing those ideas. That just me though. Goes with their current idea of showcasing trans-gendered artists at this year's Moogfest. I'm not against that either, but it also seemed somehow disingenuous. I don't feel that Moog has any ill intentions by focusing on these issues, but they seem to really detract from what is important, which are the instruments and the performances. If I was a woman or trans-gendered, I would not want to featured in a showcase for those reasons, and artists have dropped from the lineup for the same reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:22 pm 
skaghead

nomadjames wrote:
I'm not hating on anything, but that video seems very contrived to me. They could release that video at any time and I feel that it would have been better served if they just released a product video first, and left the gender identities at the door for that one. Even if they used the same women as presenters. I would have released a longer version of that video later, discussing those ideas. That just me though. Goes with their current idea of showcasing trans-gendered artists at this year's Moogfest. I'm not against that either, but it also seemed somehow disingenuous. I don't feel that Moog has any ill intentions by focusing on these issues, but they seem to really detract from what is important, which are the instruments and the performances. If I was a woman or trans-gendered, I would not want to featured in a showcase for those reasons, and artists have dropped from the lineup for the same reason.

Fair enough and it's nothing I'll be loosing sleep over, and I would agree that it is contrived, but it would be just as contrived if it were all men, it's bs marketing shite, only they gave some girls a go, which is fair enough I think. But yeah a fairly plain video with just the product shown being manipulated to create some different sounds with a description of it's features would have been much more useful to me. Could have had a gal doing the voiceover and manipulating.

At any rate what the video didn't really make clear and even seemed like it was trying to pretend otherwise is it's only one voice. So if you wanted it to be a drum machine, you'd need at least 4 of them really, so fuck, that's stupid money. Sounds like it would make some cool sounds, but definitely not for me. I wonder if people who made fun of the volca kick will now be lusting for this because it's moog.