Drumsampler or synth with pretuned sounds?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
yentz
site spammer
Drumsampler or synth with pretuned sounds?

Post by yentz »

Hi,
a friend of mine uses Logic and it comes with ultrabeat which has its drums pretuned and you can just select a note and the sounds get tuned accordingly. Is there any vstplugin that does as well?
I am very often uncertain which pitch the sounds have. As with short sounds a tuning plugin does not work I have to look a a fft and lots of sounds sweep in frequency so I dont really know which peak to take as reference.
Any suggestions?

Thanks Jens

buffered
Freestyler
Re: Drumsampler or synth with pretuned sounds?

Post by buffered »

fxpansion tremor has note and pitch info attached to oscillator knobs, same as Ultrabeat. pretty solid drummachine and sequencer. very complex built in sequencer. only synthesised. no samples.

in ultrabeat, the sounds dont get tuned accordingly. They are laid out in keyrange as though it was a sampler. The onboard presets happen to sound tuned as thats just the way presets are....they sound coherent from patch to patch. But yes you do have ability tune based on displayed note and frequency values.

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

Not exactly what you're asking, but could be interesting:

I have been playing around with Eventide Fission this week. It's more than 50% off until 30th of November. It does a lot! and one thing it does well is tuning of percussive sounds. It splits the transient and body, leaves the transient untouched (pitchwise anyway), and lets you tune the body. Sounds much more natural than tuning the entire soundbite.
Great plugin, I must say...

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ct/fission
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Cool, thanks for the answers

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

I tune it by ear in a sampler.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

borg wrote:Not exactly what you're asking, but could be interesting:

I have been playing around with Eventide Fission this week. It's more than 50% off until 30th of November. It does a lot! and one thing it does well is tuning of percussive sounds. It splits the transient and body, leaves the transient untouched (pitchwise anyway), and lets you tune the body. Sounds much more natural than tuning the entire soundbite.
Great plugin, I must say...

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... ct/fission

Ooh very interesting.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

interesting indeed... too bad that you can't use VSTs in each path, unless you build a rack with two instances and mute either transient or tonal path. it is rather CPU heavy though. anyway, the included fx do what they have to do, although with a very limited set of parameters.
another fun sound mangler I've been into lately is SpecOps by Unfiltered Audio. I don't fully understand it yet, though.
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...