RME or UAD?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
yentz
site spammer
RME or UAD?

Post by yentz »

Hi, is here anyone who used RME as well as UAD Audiointerfaces?
I will have to buy a new audiointerface next year. In the past I used a RME Hammerfall DSP with Multiface which was really good and relieable.
Now the most important thing for me is to have an audiointerface which works without hickups and low latency also when the computer is working hard. The RME I had was absolutely spoton there Now a RME solution will more or less put me back the same way as an UAD Apollo. Obviously I would really like to have those DSP's but I haven't used it. How is the UAD's Audiointerface? Will it be comparable to the RME stuff or will I have less stability or having to use larger buffersizes? Inputs and outputs are not that important. I have an audiointerface that I could use to do multi IO but I decided not to have all synths connected constantly but use one at a time to keep the place tidy and prevent problems. Obviously the possibillity to add an Adatconverter later would be nice but no dealmaker. A solid stereo out is what I need well and if the UAD is as stable as the RME is I would be more than happy to take those DSP's as well.

Thanks for helping.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: RME or UAD?

Post by Mono-xID »

Can't help you with your decision as I never used UAD.
But if you considering getting a portable, rock solid, 4 months old RME Babyface Pro, just check the forums sale section. I'm selling mine for a good price. 8-)
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

ekwipt
Smore

Post by ekwipt »

I've only used RME as well, but i think their drivers are pretty amazing, i have a Fireface 400 i bought years ago and they still bring out updates to all of the operating systems that i use (windows 10 and OSX Sierra)

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Thankjs for the offer. Still saving up. Planc on buying a new audiointerface next year

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

One thing to consider is that RME interfaces work on both Windows and Mac and with UAD you have to decide which system when you buy it cuz their interfaces work either on Mac or on Windows but never on both.

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

Big fan and user of RME. The drivers are superb with RME gear; never had any problem with them. They support them for a very long time.
Just upgraded my current RME HDSP9632 Pci card to another RME card (HDSP9652).
The most annoying things with computer related problems come from bad drivers or discontinuing them so I didn't need to think about another brand.
I recently bought a new computer and found a mobo that had a PCI slot so I could still use old RME cards (you can get them quite cheap).

Adam
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Adam »

I‘m an UAD user for around 5 years. Their interfaces are top notch. The blackface Apollo or the new Apollo Twin mk2 got new converters, which are just perfect.

But there’s only one reason to prefer UAD (instead of RME) in my opinion. If you‘re looking for their vintage plugins, which are expensive but sounds stunning, you should choose the UAD. The Unison technology is fantastic and a good alternative to the much more expensive hardware. Personally, I can’t imagine to work without their plugins on my tracks.