Synth as insert?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
yentz
site spammer
Synth as insert?

Post by yentz »

Hi, probably a stoopid question as the logical answer would be try it out - but i am just in the tube and was wondering how good a synth with input (minitaur or a4 or so) would be to use it as a drumbus insert to saturate. Is this saturation any good or am I better off using stuff like decapitator? I dont know why but I always thought to use this as a filter for soundshaping and not saturating with an open cutoff.

tsaro
Lifer
Re: Synth as insert?

Post by tsaro »

Generally you can get some nice results by driving the input of your analog gear. You could do most things in software and get similar results (with a bit of work), in any case it will give you some variety of tones to choose from.
And why stop there, it can't hurt to see what else it can do. Not tried the Minitaur, but the A4 is a pretty decent fx machine imo, and really versatile too, loved to use the external input when I had one here.

And if you have them anyway, why not try and find out...
how far do you want to go

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

I've used a Moog Sub Phatty for this with good results, so I suppose a Minitaur might get similar results.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Yeah.. I've sent stuff through a ms20mini and my mono evolver. It's cool if you can use the filters and lfos.. and internal fx as well as distortion & bitcrushing.

I guess you can saturate or drive as much as you like.. all depends on whether you like the sound or not. If you have something, give It a go
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB