Sounding like Orgon Enigiser

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
fmshred
Unartful
Sounding like Orgon Enigiser

Post by fmshred »

Hi,

I´m looking for a way to create sounds like the Orgon Enigiser. Espacially these digeredoo like basslines which Korridor is creating and which the Orgon Enigiser is famous for. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_1iwNz8Lc&t=3963s

I currently have access to a Ms-20 Mini, Dark Energy II, Monotribe and Monologue and MAM Mb-33 and also a small modular which holds some oscilators and a befaco rampage.

Whith these given sound source what would you recommed to go with to acchieve theses basslines and how?

Thanks!

Huck Farper
Alf Garnett
Re: Sounding like Orgon Enigiser

Post by Huck Farper »

what's the point in having all that gear if you don't know it enough to know when to use one of your synths or another?

learn your gear

Huck Farper
Alf Garnett

Post by Huck Farper »

5 mono synths + a modular and can't decide how to make a simple sound

delphine
Suspect Handshake

Post by delphine »

Albeit I'm relatively new to synthesizers, I find there's more fun in attempting to re-create sounds with what I have as I'll eventually find something else entirely, and learn more about my synths.

fmshred
Unartful

Post by fmshred »

It´s not about my synths. It´s more about how to programm these basslines, which for me are not a "simple sounds" as I couldn´t get close to that yet...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Best way to sound like korridor is to have his DNA cloned and overmapped onto yours.
Or take those synths you have and make your own shit. Cut your own path through the forest.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Alright, lets not bust fmshreds balls too much, eh.

I can't really listen properly as I'm on a an ipad, but its sounds vaguely reese-ish. Take 3 osc's leave 1 as is, detune one up a few percent and the last detune down a few percent. Whack the sustain fully up and then filter the sound down to taste. Experiment with different osc types, the amount of detune etc. Effect with distortion etc to make it your own.

fmshred
Unartful

Post by fmshred »

Thanks @planar this is actually some productive advice!

https://soundcloud.com/korridor/korrido ... garia-2017 This is great too ;-)

failed_utopia
Exampleless

Post by failed_utopia »

This should be easy to bang up on MS-20 mini, just detune one oscillator, fiddle with your hp/lp filter setting and find the area of resonance that matches what you're going for and modulate it....