Ableton 10

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Ableton 10

Post by Lost to the Void »

That`s merely talking about the Utility plugin which had a restricted gain range, it now goes fully down to -92 or something.
Internally ableton, like any DAW, has virtually unlimited gain range.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

UntzUntz
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by UntzUntz »

They addressed every complaint and every major feature request I have with the current version. I'm beyond excited for this. My only complaint is that I have to wait 2+ months to get my hands on it!

I'm a Push 2 user and the new device visualizations and split melodic sequencer * key pads are a dream come true, with existing hardware none the less! Every issue I have with midi clips and the piano roll is resolved. I still wish you could fold the piano roll to scale though... Multi clip editing looks phenomenal and well thought out.

I saw a video today which showed you can rename your audio channels at the device level. This is huuuge for me, with 2 aggregate devices totaling 56 channels. No more project templates just for audio routing!!!

M4L Sysex... I now foresee me spending too much time writing editors for my hardware instead of making crappy music...

Serum is longer on my GAS list. I guess that pays for the upgrade ;)

Cheers!

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Lost to the Void wrote:That`s merely talking about the Utility plugin which had a restricted gain range, it now goes fully down to -92 or something.
Internally ableton, like any DAW, has virtually unlimited gain range.

Ah ok cool, I did think what would be the point in extra headroom as it's got a shit load already. Cheers.

asm
crud

Post by asm »

I dunno. It's a lot of money to upgrade. I realise that they don't upgrade very often, but £200 preorder is pretty steep for me anyway.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I'm a beta tester at Ableton Centercode and all the new improvements and new eefects and the new wavetable synth are really really good. Happy to see the cat is out the bag.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

most exciting thing for me is the wavetables. um yeah.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Mono-xID wrote:I'm a beta tester at Ableton Centercode and all the new improvements and new eefects and the new wavetable synth are really really good. Happy to see the cat is out the bag.
How long have you had it for? I don't use my centercode account often and totally missed the inital beta access. I've just put myself in the queue to get it.

Monreal
You only live once

Post by Monreal »

Martin wrote:Is there any autosave? To multiple copies maybe?
There's a M4L plugin for that by Tom Cosm:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/3561/auto-save

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Mono-xID wrote:I'm a beta tester at Ableton Centercode and all the new improvements and new eefects and the new wavetable synth are really really good. Happy to see the cat is out the bag.
I've totally slacked off on beta testing, been way too busy.
When did the 10 beta go live? I'll get in the cue for it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

UntzUntz
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by UntzUntz »

No auto save that I've seen, but I think the new backup feature is even better... Every time you save, a backup file is created, up to 10 backup files are maintained!

Undo history is no longer cleared at save which was a big pain point for me. I was always pressing Ctrl+S when I meant to duplicate with Ctrl+D.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Anyone know if you can import your own wavetables.. or general audio files into that new synth, or does it not work like that?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

NAO
Suspect Handshake

Post by NAO »

I read importing your own wavetables is not possible.. not now anyway.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Great! Thanks for that :)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

NAO
Suspect Handshake

Post by NAO »

NP :)

Here's a video on the synth were they say you can't import your own wavetables..

https://youtu.be/Vj3P8yHFuig?t=2m15s

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Cool. Will watch that.

Only saw the overview vid on the main page & it only had a 5sec spot. Cheers!

ekwipt
Smore

Post by ekwipt »

I have a Push 1, do you think it's a good time to upgrade or do people see a Push 3 in the near future?

arkos

Post by arkos »

No auto save but there is this ->

'Upon saving a Set using "Save Live Set", "Save Live Set As" or "Save a Copy", the previous version gets moved into a backup folder of the current Project. Up to 10 old versions of the Set are stored in this folder.'

People complaining about price:

Think of all the free updates they have released for Live 9 also
Max is now integrated with Live so I think that should explain at least a little why the price has gone up.

Btw Live 10 has been in Alpha testing for a little over a year, it's really hard going back to version 9 after 10 so don't be stupid and not upgrade :)

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

ekwipt wrote:I have a Push 1, do you think it's a good time to upgrade or do people see a Push 3 in the near future?
I doubt there'll be a Push 3 in the near future.

Will Frances
Gnasher

Post by Will Frances »

Whilst I like the thought of new kit, software, updates and overhauls. I also like what I know and often updating for the sake of it isnt my forte. New features...nice. Slightly better functionality...nice. If my system works fine as is ill stick with it for the time being. Back in 2006 I bought loads of software logic pro 700 quid, komplete 7 500 quid i think, kore 1, ableton 5 i think and a load more, had far too much at my disposal took ages to learn it all. Stripped back completely in the following years. I like the simplier life. I got colleuges who literally collect plugins...not the worst addiction to have I guess

I still like the nerd talk though...maybe im just scared of another learning curve if I bought something like push or whatever...

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

That wavetable synth looks very interesting.

The update price doest seem that steep when you consider the workflow improvements, updates to the utility, new devices & then this synth. Not too bad.

As tempting as it is, is be in no rush to upgrade. I don't even have a computer right now.. so I'm perfectly satisfied not being able to use my copy of Live 9 Suite as it is without spending any more £€$'z. I'm slowly saving up for a new computer anyway, so that's where my priorities are at right now.

I hear what Will said previously. I'd be wary of buying anything these days also. For a long time now I've been the same way, but I think when it comes to workflow being improved.. as long as my computer can take it & I don't have to upgrade my OS.. Then I'd consider an upgrade eventually. That's the real consideration. If it isn't broke, don't fuck about with it.