Stop Worrying

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
saul
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!
Stop Worrying

Post by saul »

I just wanted to say... I keep hearing songs on soundcloud etc and I just thought maybe I should point out this to people producing.

Let me just put this out there, what we're trying to accomplish here... is ultimately make people dance, nod their head, move to the beat etc.

Time and time again, you'll hear the top djs saying, as long as it's got a beat and a good grove then it'll get played. So many people I see on soundcloud are not focusing on this specific. They're worrying too much about the top part of the sounds, rather than the bottom end which I feel is the most important part of all this.

To me, the most important part of any tune, is the drums. It is so inherently intrinsic to the feel of a sound that people overlook it far too often. The bass complements the drums, the melodies complement the bass.

The best techno track ever produced IMO -[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQfKFwa-jEY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/youtube]

Listen and learn. It's the drums... and that bass that gives it that edge. All I can say is, focus on yer drums and really trying to get the bass as slick as possible. Try to get something over 16 bars I'd say, that's as heavy in that regard as possible combining both the bass and the drums, so it's hard as nails. The other stuff doesn't matter if you have these two elements working in unison.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Stop Worrying

Post by Críoch »

Hard one to get right though, isnt it?

Was reading somewhere the other day.. the opposite of this, which was that people spend fk all time on the top. Some mag, cant remember now.

Its the whole fkn thing really. Its a pit that (I feel) thats scaled in increments. Some bits faster than others. Easy to have off days though, isnt it?

Just need to get stuck in. Finish stuff. Get knocked back. Learn. Start again.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

NomadSpectrum
subsekt
subsekt

Post by NomadSpectrum »

Ok - I'm not disagreeing with you Saul in principal, however does techno have to be dance music

Alot of the stuff I produce is what I call personally techno for the brain rather than the feet

Walsh
brown envelope

Post by Walsh »

techno to me is the EDM genre that never got a big push from the media. I mean there's an entire stigma against "techno" because it immediately says RAVE to anyone who hears the word.

Techno is all about feeling, that doesn't necessarily means it is something you can dance to. I get drug flashbacks( I do not endorse anyone doing this) from techno, all the looping swarms my mind and it feels like I get catapulted backwards in time to certain moments of my past. I zone the fcuk out to Techno and I love it. Techno affects me more mentally than physically. Of course there's always some tracks to make you dance, others not so much.

wimmix
non reader

Post by wimmix »

in my point there are 2 streams of techno .
techno for the dancefloor , rather boring i think bass kick string synth or what ever, finished.

and there is techno for just listening, food for the brain , more sounds in it . stuff you can listen to over and over again and still hear new sounds you havent noticed before.

and you have techno , that is not qualified as techno.
the shit that got big promotion behind it !

just do what makes you feel good!

pleb
Chernobyl

Post by pleb »

i think id like to make a mix of the 2. something for your head and your feet