Let's share our best "quick but essential" tip's in here...

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
SubTPE
Interact. Don't Spam.
Re: Let's share our best "quick but essential" tip's in here

Post by SubTPE »

If you are a heroin addict, STOP right away and have a piece of fruit instead. It's healthier.

akirawithv
fake

Post by akirawithv »

what the fuck has this become...

Oh yes, don't forget to save your projects ;)
Diving into the black hole...

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

dont add to many sounds of it aint necessary... I tend to add to much layers when the beat is already fine.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

if you got a lot of HW, and you recable half of one of your patch bays because you bought a new sound card,
relabel everything immediately, don't just write it down in some halfwit way and expect to still remember it half a year later... :)
(painful painful moment which is gonna cost me quite a few hours somewhere in the future.)

When you got dead cables, don't just install new ones, but remove the dead cables immediately,
even if it means opening like 6 straps carefully to take out just 1 single cable and leave the rest strapped.
Another thing I've been neglecting for far too long, and now my once neatly clean and organized studio has slowly become a mess,
and I just urgently need to bite the bullet and take time out to re-organize everything...
ugh, boring shit... :|
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Don't double your microdose on days when you are in the office.

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

When having a bad day, read some soulstar606
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

When buying and administering high potency cannabis oil for your dying mother in law, make sure to not try to match her dosage drop for drop in "solidarity", as her pain levels have required morphine and so her tolerance for narcotics will be very high, whereas you are just doing it to chill.
You might end up lost in the labyrinth of hospital corridors and need help finding the exit by a kind old man with a dodgy leg.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Leskey
non reader

Post by Leskey »

StacieAnne wrote:Don't double your microdose on days when you are in the office.
I have always been very much of a heavy dose (5g dried mushrooms) in silent darkness a few times a year user.

What would you say the benefits for you are with microdosing? I love going down the rabbit hole fractal of conciousness and never saw the point of smaller doses. Love might be the wrong word though seeing as I am always scared shitless at some point. But the benefits are very obvious and immediate with that usage. Would love to hear what your reasoning is as I've been more inclined lately of trying microdosing.

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Leskey wrote:
StacieAnne wrote:Don't double your microdose on days when you are in the office.
I have always been very much of a heavy dose (5g dried mushrooms) in silent darkness a few times a year user.

What would you say the benefits for you are with microdosing? I love going down the rabbit hole fractal of conciousness and never saw the point of smaller doses. Love might be the wrong word though seeing as I am always scared shitless at some point. But the benefits are very obvious and immediate with that usage. Would love to hear what your reasoning is as I've been more inclined lately of trying microdosing.
Definitely that time of year
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Leskey wrote:

The benefits I’ve experienced are;

Improved mood.
Better focus on dosing days when dealing with a specific task.
My climbing seems to have improved. Last time I went on a dosing day, I felt so light and strong.
MASSIVE improvement on all days from a creative stance. I’ve started painting again – something I’ve not done since I was 20.
Music sounds great on dosing days.
I’m happier all round in general.

I did have a bit of a shit day on Sunday for the first time since I started but I was already feeling on edge. In the future, I’ll just move my dose if I’m not feeling 100% on the day in question.

Try it for a month if it’s in your mind. Do every 4th day and keep a record of the results.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Leskey wrote:

I suppose it depends what you want to get from it. I'd got very clear goals and ideas when I went into it.

0dd

Post by 0dd »

StacieAnne wrote:
Leskey wrote:

I suppose it depends what you want to get from it. I'd got very clear goals and ideas when I went into it.
And what's the substance in question?

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

I like phase distortion on hihats. Even heavy chorusing to smear them.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

0dd wrote:
And what's the substance in question?
Lucy :) 10ug or less ;)

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Umm, 'don't post about workplace drug taking on an open forum directly above where your full name is written'?!

None of my business mate, so please excuse me for saying so : but this ^^^ does not strike me as a good course of action.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

My advice was to not do it at work.

Leskey
non reader

Post by Leskey »

terryfalafel wrote:Umm, 'don't post about workplace drug taking on an open forum directly above where your full name is written'?!

None of my business mate, so please excuse me for saying so : but this ^^^ does not strike me as a good course of action.
Man, I know you're not referring to me. But here's what I've discovered so far in life for myself.

You know the whole "the Man" thing. The point is to not surrender, right? Atleast for me. Not surrender to the oppression. Ofcourse pretty much all of us have to surrender in some ways but to give in to the oppressors in the way of not even feeling that you're able to write whatever wherever is not a healthy way to go about it if you ask me.

Yeah, there COULD be some repercussions, but lets think about it for a second. WHAT would need to happen for it to have any consequence in her life? From the police? Unlikely to say the least. They would have to track the person down and connect the IP-adress. And even then... You would have to be stupid enough to confess yet again as saying on an internet forum that you have taken drugs will not tie you to any crime. I mean, they could take you in for a urine/blood sample, but that's taking it a bit far, wouldn't you agree?

And for employers etc... There are probably quite a few Stacie Annie's... Dunno mate. Doesn't really resonate with me as anything but a paranoid, conformed way of thinking.

Basically, don't give up your freedom of speech.

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Stacie : That's not how it reads. In my job, this post would probably be grounds for gross misconduct. Regardless, apologies for making a remark about something that doesn't concern me; it struck me as a bit foolhardy but it's none of my business.

Leskey : You appear to be confusing freedom of speech with wilful sabotage of one's own privacy.

I would consider myself to be careful rather than paranoid. If you don't see the risk (and no, it's nothing to do with the cops or 'the man') then let's agree to disagree.

Leskey
non reader

Post by Leskey »

Nah man it has nothing to do with not seeing the risk. It simply is that I refuse to let anybody elses opinion in the matter - matter.

If you do then essentially your are infringing on your freedom of speech (and thought) which is something I try to apply as little as possible in my life.

Its kind of an easy , yet deeply rooted, philosophical therorem really. If you want to say something that you are afraid of what someone else might think of and therefore dont say it you are not expressing your own true free self.

Pretty sure it isnt a subjective thing actually...

I mean... Why would it matter, REALLY? Thats just a hickup thought pattern that most people seem to be stuck in.

Leskey
non reader

Post by Leskey »

Yeah.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. This is somewhat of a personal thing for me though. Being able to speak about drugs in an open hearted fashion is way too rare though...

On topic: Always be wary of passing gas after a spicy oriental meal.