Confetti
Re: Elektron Digitakt

Post by Alume »

I do, what do you want to know?

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Alume wrote:I do, what do you want to know?
I suppose now I am getting one tomorrow an assurance that I have done the right thing :lol:

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I fucking love it, totally fucking love it. I think the Overbridge software is going to be a game changer. I had it playing with a TB-3 and I had THE BEST TIME.

Very, very happy with it :D

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

StacieAnne wrote:
Alume wrote:I do, what do you want to know?
I suppose now I am getting one tomorrow an assurance that I have done the right thing :lol:
I know that feeling :lol:
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

IT WAS THE RIGHT THING. OMG, so happy I sold my Xone to pay for it.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Whoop!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

frico
broke

Post by frico »

Got one at the weekend too. Such a fun machine: it's probably too limited and quirky to be the brains of an entire setup but it's a great ideas box -throw in a load of weird samples and mess with the parameters until something cool comes out.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Are you able to mangle the fuck out of sounds?
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Yeah, you are James. You can crush, delay, verb, reverse and all sorts of things that I don't think I know yet. You can fuck with everything. It's great.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

frico wrote:Got one at the weekend too. Such a fun machine: it's probably too limited and quirky to be the brains of an entire setup but it's a great ideas box -throw in a load of weird samples and mess with the parameters until something cool comes out.
Yeah, that's what I am finding but still, I needed something to make beats with as I have so many synths. I have gone in with no expectations, giving myself enough time to learn it and not get frustrated, which amazingly, I have managed.

I think Over Bridge is gonna change the game when it is released :)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

How are people getting on with the Digitakt?

did any of ye buy one.. then sell it etc..?

Would be interested to hear some of the +/- talk after a'll this time.

As for me.. I really love watching vids on it.

Genuinely fills me full of new ideas to bring back into Ableton. I can see myself getting.one at some point. I really like the possibility of using p-locks with midi cc.

Ben Kohonays
Eclipsed

Post by Ben Kohonays »

I liked the idea of the Digitakt. When I got one, I guess I just couldn't be arsed.

Right under the screen you see record, play and stop buttons. They are dual function, as you will see from the gold writing underneath them. Above them are four buttons with symbols on. What the fuck do they mean? Bearing in mind the gold writing underneath shows secondary functions....I'm too old to be trying to learn cryptic shit like that with misleading words wrote next to them.

Also the writing on some of the buttons looks semi-worn, like hazy around the edges. I don't much like the way the buttons work either, they are firm but have a soft press, if that makes sense. And I really wish they hadn't written drum-machine legending over that top row, I mean, it's a sampler - you can assign whatever sound you like to those buttons....but of course marketing will have said, 'well if we say it's a sampler people will expect it to be like the OT, and it will come in for a lot of criticism for it's shortcomings, so we have to make it as different as we can....we'll call it a drum sampler'. Assholes.

Anyway, take no notice of me I'm a grumpy fuck. It's a good tool, it can do a good job.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

hey Ben

you know. that's the first time I looked at a hi res picture of it. I see what you mean.

Though from observing people using it.. I can see the benefit anyway of distinguishing between the sampler / drum channels & midi A,b, c etc. I guess people know what it kinda does if they're investigating it.. but yeah; it looks like a limitation rather than a possibility.

Have you still got it & do you use it / love it or hate it?

Apart from the sample side of things, I like the midi aspect & the p-locks. It seems very user friendly. I used to have a machinedrum & I'm not sure if the Digitakt's OS is similar or not, but it looks straightforward.

Ben Kohonays
Eclipsed

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Críoch wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:42 pm
hey Ben

you know. that's the first time I looked at a hi res picture of it. I see what you mean.

Though from observing people using it.. I can see the benefit anyway of distinguishing between the sampler / drum channels & midi A,b, c etc. I guess people know what it kinda does if they're investigating it.. but yeah; it looks like a limitation rather than a possibility.

Have you still got it & do you use it / love it or hate it?

Apart from the sample side of things, I like the midi aspect & the p-locks. It seems very user friendly. I used to have a machinedrum & I'm not sure if the Digitakt's OS is similar or not, but it looks straightforward.
Nah it got sold. It was the idea of that sequencer in a handy, cheaper format with a good sound that appealed to me. If you got used to a machinedrum I don't see why you'd have any problems with a Digitakt - everyone says it's easier to learn than elektron's other stuff. And if Overbridge is sorted now (don't know, haven't kept up with it) you can port your separate channels over to your DAW, so even the meagre outs aren't really a problem.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

How are people getting in with the Digitakt in 2022? It's been around for a while now but had some updates, is it still a useful bit of kit?

I've previously just taken my computer to be a big sampler but I'm sick to death of looking at the computer screen at the moment. Something portable for jamming on the sofa would be nice too but would still like something that is useful when I want to use the computer for tracking, mixing, Yadda Yadda.

I have been put off Elektron gear due to their reputation of having complex interfacing and I can be a little funny about these kind of things. I remember looking at an Octatrack some years ago but abandoned the idea after watching about 30 seconds of a walkthrough/workflow video. That said, the Digitakt looks fairly quick and simple to use.

So what are the opinions of it today?

Be without
Opposite

Post by Be without »

Boiled Egg wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:30 am
How are people getting in with the Digitakt in 2022? It's been around for a while now but had some updates, is it still a useful bit of kit?

I've previously just taken my computer to be a big sampler but I'm sick to death of looking at the computer screen at the moment. Something portable for jamming on the sofa would be nice too but would still like something that is useful when I want to use the computer for tracking, mixing, Yadda Yadda.

I have been put off Elektron gear due to their reputation of having complex interfacing and I can be a little funny about these kind of things. I remember looking at an Octatrack some years ago but abandoned the idea after watching about 30 seconds of a walkthrough/workflow video. That said, the Digitakt looks fairly quick and simple to use.

I always enjoyed the Digitakt but the big update last year made it much, much better. It added a second filter so you can high pass samples and then use another filter after that. Also added another lfo and an external input mixer so you can have a stereo or 2 mono inputs with seperate effects on each. My favourite feature is it can sample via usb so anything playing on computer can be instantly sampled. I have almost all elektron products and this is my favourite. Some of my favourite tracks I made have been recorded jams on Digitakt.

So basically I highly recommend it.

Recently got syntakt and returned it.

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

Be without wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:41 pm
Boiled Egg wrote:

I always enjoyed the Digitakt but the big update last year made it much, much better. It added a second filter so you can high pass samples and then use another filter after that. Also added another lfo and an external input mixer so you can have a stereo or 2 mono inputs with seperate effects on each. My favourite feature is it can sample via usb so anything playing on computer can be instantly sampled. I have almost all elektron products and this is my favourite. Some of my favourite tracks I made have been recorded jams on Digitakt.

I decided to take the plunge. I'm not totally convinced that I'll gel with the Elektron way of doing things so went for a used one.

I didn't know about the sampling through USB but that sounds amazing.

What was it about the syntakt that made you return it?

Be without
Opposite

Post by Be without »

Boiled Egg wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:55 pm
Be without wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:41 pm
Boiled Egg wrote:

I decided to take the plunge. I'm not totally convinced that I'll gel with the Elektron way of doing things so went for a used one.

I didn't know about the sampling through USB but that sounds amazing.

What was it about the syntakt that made you return it?
I use Digitakt as sound card so can sample straight in to Digitakt through usb from YouTube etc or just when I’ve made a good sound in ableton. A very creative tool. Also sampling from iPad apps via usb or vice versa as audio can go both ways.

Regarding syntakt, I just felt it was too expensive for what it was. £850 back in my bank account is nice.

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

I ordered a Digitakt last night actually!

I've always been "Elektron curious" but hadn't spent any quality time with any of the boxes.

BUT - I recently got a Syntakt and it's kind of blown me away. I know there's a lot of hate towards them, and I was swept up in the disinterest, not to mention I didn't like how any demos sounded. But then I ended up coming across some demos that I really liked the sound of, and I took the plunge. And I feel like this box was made for me. I LOVE IT.

I have high hopes for the Digitakt too - I think these two boxes together will get me a long way before I need to touch Ableton, which is what I've been trying to get away from

mindstuff
hmmmmmm...

Post by mindstuff »

Boiled Egg wrote:

I like Elektron's last update adding the second filter page. However for sampling I still prefer the OT (zooming in on waveform, and timing recording on the grid with single shot record trigs). Sometimes I use them together though where Digitakt uses single shot samples. I think the Digitakt is def easier to work with but learning the OT wasn't as hard as many make it seem. I notice the Digitakt has a slightly brighter sound than the OT. For performance the OT wins hands down with scenes. When using the digitakt there is a mixer page but is missing performance macros that the OT, Rytm and A4 have.

Check out this great video by Ihor I found recently: youtu.be/mF9C0fcaaxk