Sonimus TuCo

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Hepta
I Love YOU!!!
Sonimus TuCo

Post by Hepta »

Heads up for the new plugin by Sonimus. This time it's a compressor.

I'm still using the Ableton stock and glue and have been looking for a new one. Tried Presswerk once but it wasn't for me. So this looks interesting.

http://sonimus.com/home/entry/news/28/t ... -soon.html

pimo
rescued
Re: Sonimus TuCo

Post by pimo »

Same here, will get it as soon as its released, as long as its reasonably priced. May i ask why you didnt like presswerk?

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

I've had my eyes on this for a couple of weeks. Will check it out as soon as possible
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

pimo wrote:May i ask why you didnt like presswerk?
I like it but it has too many options.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

pimo wrote:Same here, will get it as soon as its released, as long as its reasonably priced. May i ask why you didnt like presswerk?
The Sonimus stuff is all incredibly reasonable priced. It'll definitely be under a hundred bucks.

I dig how simple it is. For most dance music producers, what's even the point of having a compressor with 15 or 20 knobs?

samnatur
sad bastard

Post by samnatur »

I can recommend Eventide Omnipressor

pimo
rescued

Post by pimo »

samnatur wrote:I can recommend Eventide Omnipressor
Looks interesting, but quite expensive. Could you elaborate on why you recommend it and how you use it?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I was hoping to get a beta of this.
Looking forward to hear this, love sonimus and as a compressor fiend I can always add some more compression to the collection.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

samnatur
sad bastard

Post by samnatur »

pimo wrote:
samnatur wrote:I can recommend Eventide Omnipressor
Looks interesting, but quite expensive. Could you elaborate on why you recommend it and how you use it?
It's a very special compressor, it can be veeeery extreme. It's great for sound design, you can really squish the sounds in very interesting ways. Also it just has a good sound to it, it sounds kind of "raw", i don't know how to explain it properly.

Anyway, it's great for reshaping drums, it can bring out a lot of frequencies and really squeeze them.

yentz
site spammer

Post by yentz »

Does it eat up a lot of CPU?

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Downloading the demo now, interested to hear this, I've been using satson pretty much since I started, though I don't use it so much now, just for the filters. Always loved it though and also get a lot of use out of sonEQ pro so I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done with this one!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

CRDM wrote:I've been using satson pretty much since I started, though I don't use it so much now
What do you use now, I still consider it essential console emulation.
New Shit

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Lost to the Void wrote:
CRDM wrote:I've been using satson pretty much since I started, though I don't use it so much now
Ive been using airwindows console 4 recently, just made a thread about it as its on Windows now, really like the sound but have only used it across a few mixes so far.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Wow just read what Chris has decided to do with his plugins by switching to a subscription/monthly donation model... pretty amazing the whole concept, I really wonder if it can work for him. He always seemed a nice guy.

https://www.patreon.com/airwindows
CRDM wrote:Ive been using airwindows console 4 recently, just made a thread about it as its on Windows now, really like the sound but have only used it across a few mixes so far.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Have you tried console4? I've been testing it out, finding with something so subtle and something that's used over a whole mix it's not a clear 'that's better' to me so just going to keep using both and see what's good; I've always loved satson though and don't feel a need to change all together! Maybe just nice to have the different flavours and test them.

Also now tucos been out a little while what's people's thoughts on it?

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Lost to the Void wrote:

Just wanted to report back after testing these out for quite a while. I've come to my own conclusion that they're both doing quite different things and shouldn't be directly compared as I did when I first started trying out console4.

I actually stopped using satson for a while and have come back round to it recently, it's simpler to implement in the way I work than console4 and I love the filters on it so it's a mainstay.

Without hijacking the thread, though it went quiet a while ago, out of interest are you using it on everything you make or for certain songs?

CRDM
hmmmmmm...

Post by CRDM »

Just in case anyone reads through these older threads I have some further findings I'd like to share. When I posted previously about satson and console4 I was on the right track but was new to what console4 was doing.

I left it alone for some time. I've been honing my mixing skills this year a lot and have been interested in methods for creating depth in my mixes as I like it. I revisited console4 with a much clearer understanding of what's going on.

I'm now using both satson and console4 together. On the satson buss, no crosstalk at all. Console4 doesn't saturate and add the colouration, it's for depth and for altering the way the channels sit together. I don't think it's for everyone but since getting it properly, I'm loving what it does. Satson handles the console 'sound' part now, together they make a really nice combo.

Another nice thing about console4 is using plugins like Eq, reverb, and delays in between the console and buss plugins can yield a really good sound.

Just wanted to post back having come round full circle.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I've got Satson but I find I use Soundtoys Decapitator much more often. Not sure why--may be that the workflow is just better for me, or that I'm more familiar with it.

I also have Airwindows Console4 but haven't really messed with it.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

You put decapitator on every channel in your mix?
New Shit

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Lost to the Void wrote:You put decapitator on every channel in your mix?
Sometimes. You can use it as a console emulation, just keep drive low and use the filters and tone knob to shape the sound. Then turn the drive up if you want saturation. So fairly similar to Satson in that regard, just doesn't have the gain staging feature, or the organizational advantages. But I like the coloration that the E channel (Chandler/TMI TG emulation) brings in.

I fully realize that I'm probably just unfamiliar with Satson, and so not getting what I want out of it yet, but so far I seem to get better results using Decapitator like this. Still learning Satson, though.