It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 179  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:05 pm 
Today's Active Lifestyles

Evert wrote:
Hey guys and gals,

It's been a while, but here's a new project of mine:
https://soundcloud.com/corrosief/accept ... ip/s-DSFZo

I feel like the arrangement is kind of done now, but suggestions are welcome of course. I'd really love to know your thoughts on the mix.

Cheers

Very nice track, like the vibe.. Nothing much to say, mix sounds good to me, everything fits nicely together.
Good job

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:15 pm 
Today's Active Lifestyles

bioniceye wrote:
its been a while since i posted something in this topic
any opinions on this track

https://soundcloud.com/hanosams/hanos-s ... ht/s-Amy6w

At the beggining it starts promising but after a while it gets little bit boring, especially that vocal.. You have good base, just need more automation, lfos and things..
I like the sounds, that kind of shaker is really nice, my ears are loving it.. The only thing that i dont likenis that arpeggiator sound that comes in in the break but thats just my personal taste

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:44 pm 
Alf Garnett

So I've been worked on this while I had a day at home with a cold - is it worth anything? Should I kill that melody? (Why do I always make a melody...)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:47 pm 
Escape Lung

Evert wrote:
Thanks for listening Hades and Sinesnsnares. Glad to read your comments about the mix.

I see what you mean about the climax, but I didn't really want to make a full blown banger.
Instead, I was aiming for a somewhat atmospheric tune.

This is really well produced.

I'm generally in awe of your sound man.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:52 pm 
Escape Lung

Prophän wrote:
Oskar, damn, despite the low-ish bpm, those sad arps really got to me and managed to drag me into an infinite loophole. Very good track ! not sure about the very long break tho

Amobe, I think the main synth could use some shorter delay note, but that's just me, otherwise it sounds heavenly soothing and relaxing.

Here is something i'm working on myself, trying to get that Arsenik records feel, imitating some modular and old school bleeps.

https://soundcloud.com/prophan303/und-v4-1

I really like the low end, in fact, I like everything. One thing though would be nice, if the bleeps changed up their pattern length, or had their start position on the loop changed for a bit more variation half way though.

This is that real head nod shit.

Although the break needs work. The rumble sounds odd by itself when the kick (sidechain?) drops out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:01 pm 
Interchangeable

Amøbe wrote:

Should I kill that melody? (Why do I always make a melody...)

will listen later.
but trust me when I say you're not the only one asking himself that question. :D

but on the other hand : what is wrong with melodies ?
Too many producers suck at making melodic content.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:12 pm 
Escape Lung

Amøbe wrote:

So I've been worked on this while I had a day at home with a cold - is it worth anything? Should I kill that melody? (Why do I always make a melody...)

Nah, melody sounds ok to me. Although if you are going to have such a standout lead it needs to have some more 'balls', perhaps a bit more lower down. It also needs to change. It comes in and stays, with nothing else to complement it, or as a counterpoint. I'd play with it or add some high strings or a lower pad to thicken it out and add a layer of complexity. Or filter it in and out.

The high hat doesn't though, it's too brittle and sharp, as is a lot of the highs. The lows needs bringing up. It's a bit thin down there.

Worth keeping though

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:20 pm 
Escape Lung

bioniceye wrote:

I usually a fan of vocals, any vocal. But not this one i'm afraid. I'd get rid of it. It adds nothing

I do like the arp during the break and how it builds. That's well executed. It really sounds great after the break. The arp really needs to stand out more with some eq.

Think about having some of the arp come in in flashes, to tease the listener before the break. Also the first few bars of the break are redundant. Not sure if the second break is necessary

The claps sound a bit 'standard', maybe try adding some reverb, or somehow changing them so they sound less 'sample-pack'.

The mix also needs a bit of work, but someone who knows how to mix decently may help you with that.. (ie, not me)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 pm 
Escape Lung

Ok, I know this isn't strictly a clip, but there is a reason.

I've had a lot of issues with the first incarnation of this track, and as such I had to do something that I don't usually do; I had to re-do the bass, then the leads.

So, the mix of this is still rough, I can hear some issues myself, but before I work on it further, I'd like to know if it works for the whole 6 mins (the vocal sample will probably be trimmed during the end too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:21 am 
endless

Evert wrote:
Hey guys and gals,

It's been a while, but here's a new project of mine:
https://soundcloud.com/corrosief/accept ... ip/s-DSFZo

I feel like the arrangement is kind of done now, but suggestions are welcome of course. I'd really love to know your thoughts on the mix.

Cheers

Great stuff, dark yet mellow somehow. Low end is really nice and those pads are really fitting for the track. Good work on those hat's great use of panning. I'd most definitely play it in a set.

Jordan; Gregory5: That is some serious low end going on there! Had to turn my subpac down cause my back was getting a serious message :D
Very nice track though I'm digging the groove. Maybe change the intro ? Found it a bit weird, cutoff opening like that in a chill track, imo it don't need to climax just groove. Also some of the words spoken might be questionable ?

"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:06 am 
Interchangeable

jordanneke wrote:
Amøbe wrote:

Nah, melody sounds ok to me. Although if you are going to have such a standout lead it needs to have some more 'balls', perhaps a bit more lower down. It also needs to change. It comes in and stays, with nothing else to complement it, or as a counterpoint. I'd play with it or add some high strings or a lower pad to thicken it out and add a layer of complexity. Or filter it in and out.

The high hat doesn't though, it's too brittle and sharp, as is a lot of the highs. The lows needs bringing up. It's a bit thin down there.

Worth keeping though

I'm not the greatest fan of the melody, and Jordan is right, the sound needs to be better than that if you want to keep the track this way.

Tbh, I didn't like it much.
Too many cheesy sounds in there for my taste.
But I'm still on headphones, maybe it would sound better on my monitors.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 am 
Interchangeable

bioniceye wrote:

not gonna say I dislike the female vocals, but they sound so obvious sample pack stuff.

I like the pad and the shakers (love the shakers).

the percussion sound you bring in from 1:13 : it sounds too tame, it needs way more sting. I'm on headphones, but I'm pretty sure it's not well enough there now.
Same for the claps btw.
I would even pitch the claps up.

The pad needs a bit more movement if you want to keep it in like that the whole track.

Maybe the ping pong panning on the arp could be improved a bit ?
It's like too obvious now (or maybe that's my headphones).

I like it, but I think it needs more variation and maybe 1 or 2 elements extra to keep it interesting the whole track.
I had quickly gone through it a few days ago, and now I listened to it completely and I was already getting a bit bored here and there unfortunately.
But the basic parts are good and already there, so just work on it at bit more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:19 am 
Interchangeable

Evert wrote:
Thanks for listening Hades and Sinesnsnares. Glad to read your comments about the mix.

I see what you mean about the climax, but I didn't really want to make a full blown banger.
Instead, I was aiming for a somewhat atmospheric tune.

I think I need something to keep the track more interesting along the way.
Now it's got wonderful elements, but nothing that will keep my attention for the whole track.
Maybe it's the atmospheric parts being too repetitive in the end ?
I also think your atmospheric parts could be in there just a little more,
but like I said, I'm on headphones.

The FM-ish part you bring in from 2:43,
I'm not sure about that one, tbh.
It's not too much, because the track can definitely need another part, but I would change it for something else.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:44 am 
Interchangeable

jordanneke wrote:

I've had a lot of issues with the first incarnation of this track, and as such I had to do something that I don't usually do; I had to re-do the bass, then the leads.

So, the mix of this is still rough, I can hear some issues myself, but before I work on it further, I'd like to know if it works for the whole 6 mins (the vocal sample will probably be trimmed during the end too.

man, I'm in for like 10 seconds and all I can think of is that I secretly suspect you're always in your production chair, thinking "maaaaaaannnn, those white folks can't groove shit, shiiii-iiiitttt !!! I'll show them pale mothafuckaaaazz"
and then you bring in so much groove immediately just to put us all to shame... :D

The sound from 2:32 sounds a bit too cheesy to my taste.

Love the lyrics, heard something about 12 black guys naked... a-ha !
Seriously though, the lyrics are really well done and excellently spread around the track.
I would consider taking out juts a few parts if you can. (but I see you already wrote that)

I also think your last chord could sound a little louder. Now you can barely hear it compared to the first 2.

I'm not gonna comment on the mix much because I'm on my stupid headphones.
However, I'm pretty sure the whole track would improve massively if you put a dick mask on your face, or dress up like a Japanese nutty professor and start baking eggs or pancakes 'n shit, while being surrounded by some Nazi hipster with a mic ! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 am 
Interchangeable

arkos wrote:
Very nice track though I'm digging the groove. Maybe change the intro ? Found it a bit weird, cutoff opening like that in a chill track, imo it don't need to climax just groove.

I admit I found that strange as well, but I did like it in the end.

arkos wrote:
Also some of the words spoken might be questionable ?

but he's only talking about 12 naked brothers, what's wrong with that ? :D

Seriously though, if it makes people think, then it's always a good thing in this numbed out self-loving society of ours. If people aren't smart enough to know it's not because you use quotes, that you agree or disagree 200% with every single word being said, then these people can go fuck themselves.
Better have a strong opinion than no opinion at all, if you ask me. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:58 am 
Escape Lung

Thanks for the feedback.

Hades, if you think that noise is too cheesy, then i'll take your word for it. I'll take it out.

With regards to the sub Arkos, you could very well be right, i'll look into it .

Yeah, the vocals. I'm happy that you found them questionable. I've decided that my music is going to try and be political. Too much dance music these days is bland and apolitical, considering that techno and house started pretty much as a political statement. Now-a-days it's just music for bro's and ho's to show off their gym bodies, new tattoos..... (nah, i'm joking a bit)
If someone, even one person listens to my tracks and things something, then I've succeeded.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:54 am 
Gnasher

@zukenbauer, hades and jordanneke
thanks for listening and taking the time to comment
i started with the vocal to created some tension with the pad but it seems not to work. I agree its a little bit static.
The vocal is from a acapela i found, i dont use sample packs.
need to have a look how much will be left when removing the first 8 bars, the first bars of the break and the part with the second break. Will be around the 5 min thats a little bit on the short side but it will def improve the song.
any suggestions what kind of element to add?
@hades with tame do you mean there is too much reverb or do you mean too low in volume.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 pm 
Alf Garnett

jordanneke wrote:

This is fucking great! (how the hell do you achieve so much bass?? ...asking also because that you say I need more :D ) It has a slightly Green Velvet feel - whom I love!

I'm amazed at how groovy this is! (and yeah it works all the way through!)

I'm normally not so much to such an extended use of spoken word, but I think you pulled that off greatly! (no bad things to add) - unlike Hades I think the sound at 2.32 works. It's sort of a corny sound on its own, but it fits in nicely!

...now I have to go wash the dishes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:07 pm 
Gnasher

jordanneke wrote:

if i have to say something bad about it
the transition at 3.03 isnt really smooth
the part at 4:23 can be a little bit louder, it starts with high energy but it disappear real quick.
im also not that sure about the sound at 2.32, the sound is okish but it needs some eq or more reverb
vocal sample is a little bit too much at the end
but great work just some details

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 pm 
Interchangeable

Amøbe wrote:
unlike Hades I think the sound at 2.32 works. It's sort of a corny sound on its own, but it fits in nicely!

...now I have to go wash the dishes.

ok, that does it, I'm no longer shooting my load down your throat !

You'll be cleaning far more than just the dishes in the next coming weeks !

I'm off to eat some Mexican food for a day or two...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 179  Next