It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:06 am 
Offline
Jan : )

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 134
Hades wrote:
For those who haven't noticed, there's a new track in my sig,
it's not exactly new since I finished it a few months ago, but always felt I might go back to it some day.
I decided to let it go at the moment, so yeah...


I love you, but I'm not checking your signature on a regular basis hahaha The track is pure goosebumps and very atmospheric. Love the girls vocal! Technically it sounds pretty fucking sweet and complete to me. The only thing I noticed: I was kind of waiting for something, like one more element coming in for the second half of the track. Maybe something panned in the background? I listened on my headphones. Really like your style, puts me in a mellow mood. Cheers

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8832
SHIDZO wrote:
Hades wrote:
For those who haven't noticed, there's a new track in my sig,
it's not exactly new since I finished it a few months ago, but always felt I might go back to it some day.
I decided to let it go at the moment, so yeah...


I love you, but I'm not checking your signature on a regular basis hahaha The track is pure goosebumps and very atmospheric. Love the girls vocal! Technically it sounds pretty fucking sweet and complete to me. The only thing I noticed: I was kind of waiting for something, like one more element coming in for the second half of the track. Maybe something panned in the background? I listened on my headphones. Really like your style, puts me in a mellow mood. Cheers


That's why I mentioned it.
Seemed pretty stupid to post my track in a post while it's in my sig just underneath as well...

I always felt like it needed some extra percussion, so that's why I didn't upload it though this version was "finished" about 4 months ago or something.
But yeah, I decided I should let it go for the time being.
Maybe some other day I'll try and add the final touch, whatever that might be.

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8832
I could also make a post in the members tracks part,
but I'm almost never there, so I'd just waltz in and give a few comments to get some feedback myself.
I'm over here giving feedback all the time, and there's only so many hours in a day,
so it makes more sense for me to ask it here, especially since I still don't consider this one 100% finished anyway.

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 am 
Offline
Jan : )

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 134
Amøbe wrote:
Happy new year everyone :) Thank you all for your replies the last time. I tried to go back and make an better arrangement (and improve the drums a bit).

I'm quite happy with whatever this is but I would still love some other ears on it!



Good one, listened on my headphones. Technically all right to me, nothing to complain about. Nice atmosphere going on! Not a real fan of the percussive noise coming after 1:45, it's a bit too much in my face, but that's my personal taste. Hope that helps

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:32 am 
Offline
Jan : )

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 134
buffered wrote:
Hi everyone. i tend to go in this direction alot. not sure if worth continuing with. some opinion/feedback would be very appreciated.



Really nice track, very industrial and minimalistic, I like it a lot, as well as I like the arrangement. The downside for me is more a technical one, way too much low end and reverb and literally no click on the kick. Little less reverb and you're laughing :)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 pm 
Offline
Jan : )

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 134
Hi guys, I took your advice and worked a little bit more on the stab of this track, I basically changed the whole pattern... Still, dafuq am I missing? I can't figure it out. Opinions appreciated! Cheers for taking the time.

https://soundcloud.com/shidzo/toddy_v2/s-L2eeZ

P.S. below is version 1 of the track, I have not touched the low end in version 2 at all, big shout out goes out to the cunts at SC...

https://soundcloud.com/shidzo/toddy/s-Miun8

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8832
SHIDZO wrote:
Hi guys, I took your advice and worked a little bit more on the stab of this track, I basically changed the whole pattern... Still, dafuq am I missing? I can't figure it out. Opinions appreciated! Cheers for taking the time.

https://soundcloud.com/shidzo/toddy_v2/s-L2eeZ

P.S. below is version 1 of the track, I have not touched the low end in version 2 at all, big shout out goes out to the cunts at SC...

https://soundcloud.com/shidzo/toddy/s-Miun8


strange man, cause indeed version 2 sounds a lot more quiet than version 1,
like you said, you can even tell by just looking at the waveform

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
Jan : )

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 134
Ok, so this track and the SC situation wouldn't leave me in peace so I spent the whole evening tweaking the shit out of it - in theory... I reckon my missus, my neighbours and even myself would go mental if I'd hit the play button one more time... Please if you'd like to feedback me, take version 3... Much appreciated! Can't delete my old post, sry for any confusion.

https://soundcloud.com/shidzo/tv3/s-tb8Or

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 am 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8832
SHIDZO wrote:
Ok, so this track and the SC situation wouldn't leave me in peace so I spent the whole evening tweaking the shit out of it - in theory... I reckon my missus, my neighbours and even myself would go mental if I'd hit the play button one more time... Please if you'd like to feedback me, take version 3... Much appreciated! Can't delete my old post, sry for any confusion.

https://soundcloud.com/shidzo/tv3/s-tb8Or


definitely far better than version 2,
low end is better, but I still think the kick could do with some more low end as well.

I don't exactly like the kind of HP'ing you do with the kick at 1:28.
Your kick already sounds a bit HP'ed because it has very little bottom, and now when you do that,
it's as if you almost bandpass it or something.
Sounds too strange.
The HP'ing in the 2nd break sounds far better.

I think the main "low" synth comes in on too low volume, tbh. Same for some of the other synth sounds.
The "rhythmic" synth is pretty much the only synth that sounds loud enough during most of the track.
It's hard to say, because at some points in your track (your break at 3:30), they do sound loud enough, but during most of the track, I think they could do with a bit more volume. But in general, some of them just don't cut through enough. Maybe look at the attack and decay parts of some of the sounds and try to make them just that tiny bit more snappy, at least for the filter envelopes.

I don't like the clap on the kick, but I think I said that before. That's just personal taste of course.

That percussion that starts at 2:55 ( ;) ), I love that one. It sounds very well done and adds tons of forward drive.

Not sure what else to say.
Maybe you should just let it be for the time being, watch an old Steffi Graf game and get back to it on a later day ? ;)

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
reverse genius

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:21 am
Posts: 243
great atmospheric track as usally hades, lovely girly vocal which reminds me a little bit of bjork
"mierenneuken mode aan" i think you can change the groove of the shaker later in the track so its playing all the 16 notes or mayb you could add a offbeat hi-hat to create some more energy at the end of the track if you want
i think you could make the end fade out a little bit longer, its a little bit too quick "mierenneuken mode uit"
great track hades


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 pm 
Offline
clown
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:01 pm
Posts: 57
nice track man, has a real nice and groovy vibe :)

so, why is it not finished? seems perfect to me :)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:19 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8832
ZenoSupreme wrote:
nice track man, has a real nice and groovy vibe :)

so, why is it not finished? seems perfect to me :)


just cause I have this feeling at the back of my head that it could still do with one little extra percussion part to add more forward drive.
Not sure if I'll ever get to adding/finding that part or not.
It doesn't matter.

thx for the feedback guys. ;)

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
Jan : )

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 134
Hades wrote:
SHIDZO wrote:
Ok, so this track and the SC situation wouldn't leave me in peace so I spent the whole evening tweaking the shit out of it - in theory... I reckon my missus, my neighbours and even myself would go mental if I'd hit the play button one more time... Please if you'd like to feedback me, take version 3... Much appreciated! Can't delete my old post, sry for any confusion.

https://soundcloud.com/shidzo/tv3/s-tb8Or


definitely far better than version 2,
low end is better, but I still think the kick could do with some more low end as well.

I don't exactly like the kind of HP'ing you do with the kick at 1:28.
Your kick already sounds a bit HP'ed because it has very little bottom, and now when you do that,
it's as if you almost bandpass it or something.
Sounds too strange.
The HP'ing in the 2nd break sounds far better.

I think the main "low" synth comes in on too low volume, tbh. Same for some of the other synth sounds.
The "rhythmic" synth is pretty much the only synth that sounds loud enough during most of the track.
It's hard to say, because at some points in your track (your break at 3:30), they do sound loud enough, but during most of the track, I think they could do with a bit more volume. But in general, some of them just don't cut through enough. Maybe look at the attack and decay parts of some of the sounds and try to make them just that tiny bit more snappy, at least for the filter envelopes.

I don't like the clap on the kick, but I think I said that before. That's just personal taste of course.

That percussion that starts at 2:55 ( ;) ), I love that one. It sounds very well done and adds tons of forward drive.

Not sure what else to say.
Maybe you should just let it be for the time being, watch an old Steffi Graf game and get back to it on a later day ? ;)


Thanks very much for the extensive feedback, appreciate it! Good points to take, definitely :)

Low end is still a bit of a walk on eggshells for me, the sweet spot is tiny. So quickly it's too much or too little. For example, I thought that one has nearly got too much... Referencing on my monitors (in a shit room), my headphones and with other tracks, though I don't know how much that works, for example referencing my mix with a mastered mp3. Someone pointed that out before. Don't really know what else to do than trust my ears and train them to get better and better.

Regarding the loudness of the synths, it's kind of what I wanted to achieve, like more of an atmospheric synth, evolving over time, rather than in your face over the duration of the track. And you're exactly right, during the big break they reach their maximum volume. The "answer" synth actually clipped every now and then so I put a limiter on it.

Good point with the clap as I wasn't sure either, went back and forth with it but then decided to leave it in, doesn't really carry the track forward, does it?!

You're probably right and I should leave the cunt for a couple of days/weeks, though this is something that's driving me nuts... Leaving something unfinished, especially because I'm still working on the rave track as well and I have another idea in mind already (you know she's got a great voice...) I don't know I started producing with the whole mindset that it is great to finish something, even though it's not the banger that gets me signed on Ostgut Ton (hrhr) ... On the other hand, leaving something for a few days/weeks doesn't mean it's gonna die somewhere on my hard drive. So yeah, can just repeat myself. Thanks very much, definitely something to think about. But not during watching Steffi Graf man, I'd rather put some Belgian hot sauce on my dick and see what happens...

Cheers

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline
Metric Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Scotland, Glasgow
Amøbe wrote:
Happy new year everyone :) Thank you all for your replies the last time. I tried to go back and make an better arrangement (and improve the drums a bit).

I'm quite happy with whatever this is but I would still love some other ears on it!




Yes, get in. Love it.

_________________
https://youtu.be/kUnKALdlYbQ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:20 pm 
Offline
Metric Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 266
Location: Scotland, Glasgow
SHIDZO wrote:
buffered wrote:
Hi everyone. i tend to go in this direction alot. not sure if worth continuing with. some opinion/feedback would be very appreciated.



Really nice track, very industrial and minimalistic, I like it a lot, as well as I like the arrangement. The downside for me is more a technical one, way too much low end and reverb and literally no click on the kick. Little less reverb and you're laughing :)


I agree, fucking awesome sound but that kicks just way too boomy for my taste.
Diggin it though.

_________________
https://youtu.be/kUnKALdlYbQ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8832
SHIDZO wrote:
Thanks very much, definitely something to think about. But not during watching Steffi Graf man, I'd rather put some Belgian hot sauce on my dick and see what happens...


I'll take you up on that hot sauce on the dick challenge.
I'll make a video of your experience while watching an old Steffi Graf game...

Anyway, back when I was watching those old Graf games, I realized why I always said my mrs has these typical female tennis player legs.
(because at the time I met her I sure wasn't basing my opinion on the 2 Belgian top female players, god were those ugly :lol: :lol: )

I totally forgot I had such a soft spot for Graf when I was young.
Only thing she had working against her was her nose, but what a sweet character she was/is.
No ego whatsoever, gotta love that nowadays...

Meanwhile, I hope I'll post a clip tomorrow from what I've been working on the last 2 days,
while my XV88 is literally giving up on me as I play in my different parts...
I gotta use the octave buttons to work around it...

Pfff, I got at least 3 or 4 tracks now that I really want to finish.
I know that's great and all, but right now I think I would be better off by not having inspiration, so I can get to the real boring work of arrangement/mixing... :)

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
Gnasher
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:14 am
Posts: 226
Here's a clip/loop I made , the drums and bass are mostly place holder, basically was just experimenting trying to get a trippy sound and ended up with this,don't know if I should keep working on it and try to make something out of it

https://soundcloud.com/prophan303/soyuz ... ed/s-NWipm

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8832
Prophän wrote:
Here's a clip/loop I made , the drums and bass are mostly place holder, basically was just experimenting trying to get a trippy sound and ended up with this,don't know if I should keep working on it and try to make something out of it

https://soundcloud.com/prophan303/soyuz ... ed/s-NWipm


I don't know man, I think it would benefit from a little less sleepy modular stuff to say the least.

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:02 am
Posts: 8832
ok gentlemen...

This is only a quick jam with most of the elements I'm keeping in the track.
It's just a quick recording of the master while I turn clips on and off...

The idea is to end up with a finished track that sounds as if it's one giant wave, where things just flow in and out.

Obviously, no work has been done on the mix nor arrangement at this stage,
and the Rhodes in the last part needs to be brought in according to the mix/arrangement
(there's a whole jam recorded, just need to pick the right parts),
but yeah, like I said, I just turned arts on and off for the time being.
(and I need to brighten up the mix and add extra percussion)

anyway :

https://soundcloud.com/hades/choose-your-own-heaven/s-SyIgP

_________________
If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ! ;)



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: >>>> Post A Clip Of What You Are Working On <<<<<
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:58 am 
Offline
Dont Panic!!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:47 pm
Posts: 688
Location: Iceland
Hades wrote:
ok gentlemen...

This is only a quick jam with most of the elements I'm keeping in the track.
It's just a quick recording of the master while I turn clips on and off...

The idea is to end up with a finished track that sounds as if it's one giant wave, where things just flow in and out.

Obviously, no work has been done on the mix nor arrangement at this stage,
and the Rhodes in the last part needs to be brought in according to the mix/arrangement
(there's a whole jam recorded, just need to pick the right parts),
but yeah, like I said, I just turned arts on and off for the time being.
(and I need to brighten up the mix and add extra percussion)

anyway :

https://soundcloud.com/hades/choose-your-own-heaven/s-SyIgP


This is just brilliant, can't fault this at all.

This calmed me down a lot after the gym, listened to it twice and those melodies are just awesome!

Brilliant work.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/oskar81

"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles v1.1 designed by CodeMiles Team -TemplatesDragon-.