Tractor S2 controller

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Rob Mitshi
fake
Tractor S2 controller

Post by Rob Mitshi »

Ive just bought myself a really nice laptop, I7 8gig ram(upgradable to 16) And always wanted a laptop to play with tracktor.
Ive been looking at al the controllers and the S2 seems to be the best for my pricerange (max 500€)...
I have a questions about it. It has an audio interface built in, can I use this for ableton or any other DAW aswel?
I need to get an Audio interface anyways for the laptop so this would be really nice to get 2 things in one.

grtz Rob

Walsh
brown envelope
Re: Tractor S2 controller

Post by Walsh »

If your using the s2 as a midicontroller for ableton yes... technically it can be used as an audio interface

Rob Mitshi
fake

Post by Rob Mitshi »

thanks, been watching some more youtube's on it and I think its just the thing for me, gonna buy one next paycheck :-)

helloitsmeagain
athlete

Post by helloitsmeagain »

Walsh wrote:If your using the s2 as a midicontroller for ableton yes... technically it can be used as an audio interface
I did the same with the s4, till i sold it. It's simply not well suited to the job. Ableton kept loosing it...

It will do in a pinch, but if you can afford it, go for a machine built for the purpose. I'll probably replace it with the BEHRINGER BCF2000
Because of ACiD, i now know that butter is way better than margarine. I saw through the bullshit. - Mitch Hedberg

Rob Mitshi
fake

Post by Rob Mitshi »

got the BCF and the BCR for my computer, I was referring to the audio soundcard in the S2