Topic Request Thread

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
ashley BORG
Small Penis
Topic Request Thread

Post by ashley BORG »

I was thinking it would be useful to have a thread, where people could request subjects for short "Guide's To..." topics.

There's a few on here by Voidloss & Mattias on Compression, Creating Kicks etc... which are really useful.
Like this
>>>> http://subsekt.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1597 <<<<

We have a great place here of people who love to share information, it would be a way of formalising the subject matter, and opening the floor to some of the other experienced people on here.

So this would be a sticky (John, James, Paul)????. ;)

Someone such as me, would say "I'd like an idiots guide to Ring Modulation".
Then whoever feels like it could start a separate topic in the Hole on that subject. It would then form the basis of some discussion around the subject, before being derailed in classic Subsekt fashion :mrgreen:

Obviously this is at the discretion of the members, so not every request would be answered but even if it is 1 in 10, then that's not bad!

I'd say it would be most beneficial to think of quite defined topics, which are generally useful to the users of the forum, and not just something specific such as a guide to a specific DAW/Softsynth/Hardware. (Although not ruling this out either if someone want's to do something on using a Machine-Drum then fair enough)

Anyhow that's my idea, hopefully it's a good one 8-)

Alume
Confetti
Re: Topic Request Thread

Post by Alume »

I like the idea! This topics fills the gap between the doubt of not asking it at all or making a topic single handed:)

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Clever boy he is !!!!
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

I would like a topic on how to take a good techno self portrait. I can't get mine dark and moody enough?

Thumper
decent

Post by Thumper »

How do I make Phat Beatz?

How do I make that Skrillex Bass thing?

Should I side chain the Skrillex Bass to the Phat Beatz?

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Joking aside..

It might be useful to have a supathread with links to essential topics. Categorize stuff. Include links. HOWEVER; YOLO, so its hard to find the time to do it, innit m8z :mrgreen:

Saying that.. I'm against creating a kind of Techno Production Bible, similar to the Dubstep Bible thing on DSF. If people cannot search, read, dig etc.. then how are they going to do anything. Wouldn;t it be great if we could stay in bed all day & someone would just put the wages through the letterbox for you? People learn best through practical lessons. WIpe your own arse.

I say we should make away to our hearts content with threads. Everything nearly always ends up being interesting.. or becomes a laugh. All work & no play is boring.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

ICN wrote:Joking aside..

It might be useful to have a supathread with links to essential topics. Categorize stuff. Include links. HOWEVER; YOLO, so its hard to find the time to do it, innit m8z :mrgreen:

Saying that.. I'm against creating a kind of Techno Production Bible, similar to the Dubstep Bible thing on DSF. If people cannot search, read, dig etc.. then how are they going to do anything. Wouldn;t it be great if we could stay in bed all day & someone would just put the wages through the letterbox for you? People learn best through practical lessons. WIpe your own arse.

I say we should make away to our hearts content with threads. Everything nearly always ends up being interesting.. or becomes a laugh. All work & no play is boring.

Hahaha, sure it was just an idea. I think sometimes people mean well with their "How to get xxx sound" but these seldom go anywhere. Which is a shame since actually making that sound be it FM synthesis, sampling or whatever is actually at the crux of what most us want to know, even if the OP is seeking very specific details.

I wouldn't think it would become a Bible, especially since it would be reliant on people volunteering their time and knowledge for a wider cause. But it's a bit like the topic you tried to start John on the video tips n tricks thread.

Maybe it's a silly idea, I dunno just thought it was worth posing the question n all that :D

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

No, I think its a good idea man. I'm going off tangents, vomiting out ideas / internal discussions etc.. Y'know, the usual Mate :D

Try it. You can bring a horse to water, but you cant make it drink it & all those sayings. Thats why the video thread died innit m8z?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

ICN wrote:No, I think its a good idea man. I'm going off tangents, vomiting out ideas / internal discussions etc.. Y'know, the usual Mate :D

Try it. You can bring a horse to water, but you cant make it drink it & all those sayings. Thats why the video thread died innit m8z?

Maybe the water is polluted, and horse knows this. :mrgreen:

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Sperm Whales. Filter feeders are the future.

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

ashley BORG wrote:I was thinking it would be useful to have a thread, where people could request subjects for short "Guide's To..." topics.

Someone such as me, would say "I'd like an idiots guide to Ring Modulation".
Ta-da! :D

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... f6e726ec86
C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol: