Mac Mini for Music Production

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Program
Chernobyl
Mac Mini for Music Production

Post by Program »

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if any1 is using one of these for music production & if they're up to the task. I'm looking at 2,3ghz i7 one. You can add more ram so I guess it should be able to handle a daw & plugins?

Thanks!

Undernithe
non reader
Re: Mac Mini for Music Production

Post by Undernithe »

I just bought one……2.6 i7, fusion drive and (my own) 16 GB of RAM. Powerful little box right there :)

brian
slipper

Post by brian »

i use one, bought it in late 2010, 2.6ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, has 4 usb inputs, 1 firewire and hdmi, handles logic running a shit load of plug ins and AU's aswell as a few hardware synths, can stutter a bit now and again but thats not too much of an issue for me.

kingrad
quasi-public

Post by kingrad »

I have been thinking about using one of these, very interested to hear peoples experience too

brian
slipper

Post by brian »

kingrad wrote:I have been thinking about using one of these, very interested to hear peoples experience too
well im happy enough with mine, although i cant compare it to anything else, i bought it as it was a couple of hundred euro cheaper then a similar spec'd mac book pro or imac, maybe i should have waited a bit longer and got a mac book pro or imac, but im not sure if either of them would be better performance wise, im thinking the extra price in those machines is in the portaiblity of a mac book pro and the monitor of the imac, but i didnt need anything portable as i already have laptops and didnt need a monitor.