Push 2 _ Tips / Tricks / Tutorials / Questions

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Push 2 _ Tips / Tricks / Tutorials / Questions

Post by Críoch »

Hi, I picked one of these up recently.. so it's possibly a good idea to share any good stuff that I come across. I think I shall be doing some homework for the next few months on it.

Had a good play on it today. Pretty intuitive.. though I'm sure the hidden menu areas are the most interesting.

_______

Q: did people have much messing around / setting up to do so that it would record in time?

I only dicked around today to get a feel for it, so didn't even look into velocity or sensitivity settings.

I'm running L10 on a shit hot computer & a Motu Ultralite mk3.

I'll get to it the next day, but was just wondering if folk have had to do much to set up push 2 & get it settled?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

ozias_leduc
ANAL
Re: Push 2 _ Tips / Tricks / Tutorials / Questions

Post by ozias_leduc »

One thing that used to frustrate me is that when I just wanted to record some automation on an existing MIDI track in arrangement view, the record button on that track in Ableton would be coloured a sort of lighter shade of red (like "pseudo record" or something) , and when I hit record to record automation, it would also start writing (blank) MIDI on that track over the top of my existing MIDI. Very annoying.

Recently I discovered that if you put the Push into Session mode, this disappears! Note mode has the pseudo record thingy, which is very useful if you are indeed wanting to record notes.

Took me way too long to discover that.

Fourty Two
No Avatar = Thick Bastard

Post by Fourty Two »

Oh, that's work it works! Thank you man, I was actually thinking about that yesterday. 8-)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Damn.. my last comment didnt save.

Cheers T as I was thinking about that also the other day. Seen the record was a slightly less intense colour of red also.

Was actually thinking of getting one of those ASK Video 101 courses about Push 2. Fast track the menu diving..
https://ask.video/course/push-2-101-exp ... d-explored

Seems basic though, but possibly a good intro. Ableton have vids on YT alright, but dunno, the ASK vids might be worth a watch. Aint gonna break the bank. The guy from Dubspot, with the Barack Obama voice does the course. Hes cool.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Hmm not sure! Some of those ASK videos seem VERY basic. Like, explain what an LFO is, etc.

Watching the Ableton videos and just exploring on your own is probably the way to go, I reckon. It's intuitive once you get the hang of it.

Fourty Two
No Avatar = Thick Bastard

Post by Fourty Two »

Well, here's my favourite thing, just showing off his this thing is well out together.

If you'd like to reorder pluings/effects, just hold button for selecting that particular effect (right underneath top encoders) and use corresponding encoder above to move it around. Neat

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

ozias_leduc wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:51 am
Hmm not sure! Some of those ASK videos seem VERY basic. Like, explain what an LFO is, etc.

Watching the Ableton videos and just exploring on your own is probably the way to go, I reckon. It's intuitive once you get the hang of it.
Oh, I agree.. I know, I know, but I'm interested in a basic video manual. Hopefully I'll be protected from disappointment, armed with low expectations :mrgreen:

Tbh.. I've watched a good few over the years. Mainly when there was a special deal. The advanced are good. The 101s are verrry basic I agree. Tbh, the trainer T.Beck is good. I'm sure there may be a few ninja workflow glimpses in there.. but that will be an unintended bonus I'm sure.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Fourty Two wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Well, here's my favourite thing, just showing off his this thing is well out together.

If you'd like to reorder pluings/effects, just hold button for selecting that particular effect (right underneath top encoders) and use corresponding encoder above to move it around. Neat
Was actually wondering that too!

Been mousing them.. even though I'm sure there was a way 8-)

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

ozias_leduc wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:17 am
One thing that used to frustrate me is that when I just wanted to record some automation on an existing MIDI track in arrangement view, the record button on that track in Ableton would be coloured a sort of lighter shade of red (like "pseudo record" or something) , and when I hit record to record automation, it would also start writing (blank) MIDI on that track over the top of my existing MIDI. Very annoying.
This has bugged me from the day I got my Push! It also groups loops into one midi block. Glad you worked that out as I couldn't... Thanks for that :D