A technique from the track you are working on right now.....

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
wimmix
non reader
A technique from the track you are working on right now.....

Post by wimmix »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 514&type=3

oke peeps dont know if you know but i got a sound doesnt matter what kind, but i put vocoder on it and linked the vocoder to external channel , for me that was the kick in this track. when you done that and go play with wet/dry you get some amazing chemistry between the 2 sounds. s.h.i.t.

this is fun. :D

cheers wimmix ;)

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: vocoder !!!

Post by Críoch »

Have to check this out - I never go near the vocoder.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

NomadSpectrum
subsekt
subsekt

Post by NomadSpectrum »

I use the Live one loads -

Dirk L
Jan : )

Post by Dirk L »

Wimmix.. I tried this and its fucking nuts. Nice one for that Dude!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: A technique from the track you are working on right now.

Post by Críoch »

Heres something from me..

I bounced a Porc hit, with some delays going L/R. I cropped a section of the delays & started messing about with it.

I got a really nice sound.. but it was too nuts, going L/R. So I made it Mono.. then started adding a bit of chorus, reverb, etc.. to make it move. Its probably basic enough.. But I think if you make something with fx that just sounds too mental.. making it Mono & starting from scratch kinda gives you a chance to rescue it.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Dirk L
Jan : )

Post by Dirk L »

I'm working on some percussion here. Have a non 4 kick pattern ducking the compressor over them. Sounds nice.

In fact, I do that on a lot of stuff, not just percussion. Can work well on riffs or leads. Always stick a bit of reverb as an insert on them and you get a sucking or pushing vibe. Saw that one in a Future Music video with James Reynolds and have been using it since. He just had the compressor pulling out the reverb tail. But the way I do it with the sidechain makes it more techno.

pleb
Chernobyl

Post by pleb »

nothing special from me except that im working hard to develop a groove by taking the notes off the grid slightly. does the job.

find when im trying to inject that little bit of something special into a pattern, more often than not all i need to do is switch on the triplet grid and add 1 or 2 triplet notes. think i know where they are now anyway without goin on to the triplet grid and can just do it. but thats normally where they end up as.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

I used to play with the vocoder quite a bit. Used it over my 303 a few times as well. You can certainly get some interesting results with the vocoder, strangely enough I've never used any vocals in the live version lol
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Was making a track last night & it had a kinda organ-y type riff in it. Was too static..

So I modulated the master pitch with a slight bit of noise. It was just enough to keep it changing..

brendan rivine
washable

Post by brendan rivine »

Aint at my computer right now but been getting some awsome sounds for a long time out of lives chorus .
Turn delay 2 off ,play with the timing slider, frequency knob to get the right delayed time for your sound .
Hit *20 to go into techno spaz, automate amount and rate ,set feedback and wet/dry to quite high to the.

smash it on high freq sounds seems to work best ! ;)

core2
fancy woman

Post by core2 »

I love chorus too. You can get some knarly as fukk sounds from it hhahaha

So my insight.. hmmm.. track I have right now, i have a bass sound from the minimoog v that is bangin. It fills the whole frequency spectrum and I wanted to tame it a bit. So I grouped an autofilter and duplicated that chain.

One autofilter just for the hi's and the other for the lows.

I put a utility plugin from ableton after the lows autofilter (everything under 190 in this track) and made it mono. Then I had the tops (which was everything over 190hz and make the phase 0) in stereo. Sounds nice. You can also add seperate eq and other effects on either chain, then treat them together after the group. I often do this in live. Sometimes I will add a chorus or some reverb to the top autofilter.
core