Music production is like....

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
block.punch
Sith Lord
Music production is like....

Post by block.punch »

A relationship :!:

You see, every track I've ever made I've fallen in and out of love with when I've been making it and, especially after it's done and out the door, I usually find myself really disliking it. Thinking "I could have done that better", "maybe I should have changed that".

Which got me to thinking that making music is pretty much, emotionally, like an average relationship.

The early date - everyone on their best behaviour, trying to impress, the first flush of desire
Getting it on - it's all working, really excited
Fiancee - in love, maybe a couple of niggles but you'll work them out later
Married - comfortable with each other, occasional row, those niggles never went away and, in fact, seem to be well, more, niggly now.
Break up/Divorce - a bit bitter that you wasted that time when you could have been with someone more compatible
Single again - more wary now but still looking for that perfect partner

:lol:

Ant
Alf Garnett
Re: Music production is like....

Post by Ant »

Really like your simile, I am exactly the same. I get really excited about tracks whilst making them, but I need to get on a finish them before I get bored of them.

I find it is best to treat some tracks as if they were f uck buddies, just popping back every now and then for a quickie but not spending too much time in one go with them.

I am an optimist though, and I am hoping that with some tracks I will be able to stick at the married stage for good. :D

wimmix
non reader

Post by wimmix »

same for me when i finished track , i really fed up with it .
hearing same sound for days.
thats also the reason i never play my own tracks in a set.
finish= finish
:shock:

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

For James.. but we all know the score :) hahaha

KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

lol

having sex with your music is a GREAT thing!
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

NomadSpectrum
subsekt
subsekt

Post by NomadSpectrum »

I'm with wimmix on this one - hate listening to my tracks when their finished and always reluctant to play in my set - though sometimes one might sneak in on my mp3 player and after a minute I might think oh thats one of my tracks

So yeah music production is rather like sex as I am shite at remembering names and faces

block.punch
Sith Lord

Post by block.punch »

It is odd sometimes isn't it when you leave iTunes or similar on some kind of random mix and you hear a track and think, 'oh what's that? sounds kind of familiar', then realise it's one of your own.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Yeah to itunes.. haha
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

block.punch
Sith Lord

Post by block.punch »

I mean, it's not like any of us (well maybe Paul) has 100s of tracks it it? I've got, what, less than 10 that I've outputted to WAV/mp3. You'd think I'd be intimate with all of them having been intimate with all of them at some time.

Johnlad
quasi-public

Post by Johnlad »

NomadSpectrum wrote:So yeah music production is rather like sex as I am shite at remembering names and faces
I'm bad for this with any music these days. To be honest as well I'm sure it's since digital took off. I can probably name all my old vinyls in full - artist, remixer, track title and label. My digital collection however, not a chance. I probably only know the full details of about 30% of it. The rest I recognise most as good or bad tunes but can't recall a lot of the names for sh*t if required to

rollah
beast

Post by rollah »

music production is a cross.

it can be a heavy bugger to cart around, but when you are chosen its your destiny to do so with conviction