Physical modelling

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Amøbe
Moderate
Physical modelling

Post by Amøbe »

This is almost completely untreated territory for me, but I'm curious about it. It seems like it's easy to make this technique go in very unique directions. So I just wanted to know if anybody uses it, and has some tips and tricks or favourite plugins?

Be without
Opposite
Re: Physical modelling

Post by Be without »

Native instruments Prism is the one I use. Also plenty in the realtor user library to check out.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Plasmonic by Rhizomatic Software (it's the Absynth guy) is really nice.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

I have the Mutable Elements module that I use sometimes, and Native Instruments Steampipe and Prism. All are really nice. Oh and I really like the Resonator in my Iridium.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I use a bit. I'm always trying to make sounds that are acousmatic. I'm not into synths that sound like... Synths. Typical Analog sounds. Physical modelling can help get to that blurred space between real world and synthetic.

Been using AAS stuff for years.
Chromaphone (3) is just great for percussion. Abletons corpus is a slightly stripped back version.
AAS string studio is great for...strings.
Strum is amazing for guitars.

Pianoteq is a stunning physical model of pianos. Really nice.

Plasmonic, as mentioned above, really nice. I've been making some very unique textures and sounds with it, and use it a fair amount in my new drum and bass stuff.

Madrona labs Kaivo combines granular and physical modelling. Once again you can get some very unique, acousmatic sounds from it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Alright you have all sparked my curiosity :D I'm gonna experiment with them - new textures is something I'm very hungry for!

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

Physical audio Derailer is really nice for chaotic sound design.
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Anyone tried Objekt yet? It's a new, Reason-only physical modeling synth that you can even control with your voice, getting all kinds of crazy vocoder-not-vocoder kind of textures. I've heard some really interesting things out of it on youtube.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/