Re: This is the New Gear thread !

Post by Lost to the Void »

dubdub wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:25 am
Lost to the Void wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:31 pm
dubdub wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:12 am

Acustica's Diamond Color EQ is at least partially based on the PEQ-1.
Ah yeah. Just had a read of that. More of chimera than an emulation of the PEQ-1
I'd forgotten all about acustica, I abandoned them some time ago.
Why did you abandom them? I remember you being really hype about their stuff a few years ago. I guess you no longer neeed color plugins with your crazy mojo rack? :D

I just finally got around to getting an Analog Heat. Thomann had a good deal for B-stock of the MkII. I'm amazed at how seamless the Overbridge integration works. It really is like having an analog plugin. What's your fave mode for 2bus use?

Also, I'm now GASing for a Freqport, haha.
They are theoretically great, but clunky and prone to so many issues I just gave up.

I`ve not used my analog heat for a bit actually, I mostly just run stuff through the RNLA in the music room, for 2buss saturation. Since I did the hipass sidechain trick with it, it`s become way more useful.
I`m going to set it up again in the music room (The Analog Heat). I usually use the boost or saturation mode for the 2 bus.
You have to be very very precise with gain staging as it can get too noisy, and be aware there are "hidden" level/gain controls.
The EQ`s are actually quite smooth too.

I returned my Freqport, it's great but not versatile enough and a lacking some subtlety for mastering, since I replaced it with the SPL Tube Vitalizer I think I have finally found the perfect tone device, this thing is so deep.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.