SSL 12 USB Audio Interface connection problem

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
FvH
crud
SSL 12 USB Audio Interface connection problem

Post by FvH »

I've bought the new SSL 12 audio interface and can't figure out how to connect my Yamaha sub to the interface so the levels of my monitors (out 1/2) are matched with sub levels (out 3/4) when using the monitor level knob on the SSL

Before SSL I had Terratec 6fire usb combined with PreSonus MONITOR STATION.

The chain was in this order:

Terratec LINE OUT 1/2 into Presonus MONITOR STATION ST1/IN

MONITOR STATION OUT A (Monitors)

MONITOR STATION OUT B (SUB mono cable)

I have matched MONITORs AND SUB (A & B knob levels) and used the MAIN knob to regulate loudness of the system and it worked great.

I've bought the SSL because it has great options with built in mixer and great preamps but now face this banal problem of not knowing how to set up the system to work in parallel as it did with soundcard and monitor station.

Now when using SSL the chain is like this:

MONITORS are connected to OUT 1/2

Sub is connected to OUT 3/4 ( I'm using just one (mono) TRS cable connected to sub and it is connected to OUT 3)

In the SSL 360 app it looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/TdUwym8

The problem is that I cant regulate loudness of both (monitors and sub) with the MAIN GAIN knob on the device (it regulates just my monitors out 1/2) and every time when I turn the volume up or down I need to manually adjust the sub in the 360 mixer.

Also the sub gain doesn't turn down or up when using the MAIN gain knob on interface.

Did I make a mistake with connection or is it just like this and can't be used like I used it with my previous setup (Terratec + MONITOR STATION)?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT:
For now i switched back to setup 1 and am sending signal from SSL to MONITOR STATION
I've A/B them because i was thinking that Presonus ads character to sound, but I can't tell the difference between sound directly from SSL and sent through Presonus.