Black Friday 2020

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Monreal
You only live once
Re: Black Friday 2020

Post by Monreal »

So I just bought Iris 2 and donwloaded the portal and now trying to download Iris but it's extremely slow. I'm like at 9% after 1,5 hours. Is it normal during sale time?

Rickskii
brown envelope

Post by Rickskii »

Upgraded to the full shaperbox 2. Bought Wavesfactory Spectre. Bought a bunch of Glitchmachines (6 of them).
Thinking about Apulsoft apqualizr 2 as it’s on sale.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Rickskii wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:42 pm
Upgraded to the full shaperbox 2. Bought Wavesfactory Spectre. Bought a bunch of Glitchmachines (6 of them).
Thinking about Apulsoft apqualizr 2 as it’s on sale.
I'd recommend UVI shade over Apqualizr at this point, it does everyhing that one does but much more.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

mindstuff wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:21 pm
Is anyone else purposefully not buying anything this year? On principle, I feel software plugins led me into false hopes. I guess as a mastering engineer like Voidless it makes sense to stock up on the tooling but as a person just making tracks, meh. I've spent several thousands of dollars on various compressors, distortion plugins, delays, and reverbs I thought were going to make a difference in my tracks...but then I still reach for Ableton plugins because they just do the job. Just my 2 cents. I've invested more in hardware the last few years so may have something to do with that.
I didn't get much mastering stuff.
It was mostly sound design tools. Lots of new granular, spectral and convolution stuff.
I like to get anything that is cutting edge. Techno is about new sounds after all.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

collide
Smore
Re: Black Friday Deals 2020

Post by collide »

Críoch wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:37 am
HoS are doing a 50% Sale on individual masterclass courses.

BLACKF50

Wanted to see the Swarm Intelligence one for a while.
I'd not know HoS existed so I took the chance and bought a lot of masterclasses: Eight :lol:
Inland's class is about creating space in the mix through stereo effect - the audio stream of the class is in well.... mono. :roll:

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

i demoed soundtoys, thinking surely they're not THAT great

goddamn they really are!

had to buy them

good deal at least!

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:31 pm
mindstuff wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:21 pm
Is anyone else purposefully not buying anything this year? On principle, I feel software plugins led me into false hopes. I guess as a mastering engineer like Voidless it makes sense to stock up on the tooling but as a person just making tracks, meh. I've spent several thousands of dollars on various compressors, distortion plugins, delays, and reverbs I thought were going to make a difference in my tracks...but then I still reach for Ableton plugins because they just do the job. Just my 2 cents. I've invested more in hardware the last few years so may have something to do with that.
I didn't get much mastering stuff.
It was mostly sound design tools. Lots of new granular, spectral and convolution stuff.
I like to get anything that is cutting edge. Techno is about new sounds after all.
What new granular stuff did you get? I recently grabbed emission control2 but is standalone.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Hi guys, for those who are in the know.. could anyone suggest whether this is a good Sonarworks product?

https://store.sonarworks.com/products/r ... ne-edition

Does it correct headphones AND let you measure your room / put a correction plugin on your master?

I think it does, but the name is throwing me.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Críoch wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:46 am
Hi guys, for those who are in the know.. could anyone suggest whether this is a good Sonarworks product?

Does it correct headphones AND let you measure your room / put a correction plugin on your master?

I would also look at Realphones, I've seen its gotten very good reviews so far + it's more flexible in letting you dial in the correction (IMO the Sonarworks headphone profiles are really over the top, at least from what I've tried...)

https://www.dsoniq.com/

And IIRC the version you posted of Sonarworks ONLY does headphones correction. For Room + Headphones you need the studio version, I think ??

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Cheers man.. thats a good price & feature set. Appreciate your recommendation. I'll investigate that further 👍
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Críoch wrote:

If you want room correction and headphone correction you want reference studio. Not just headphone edition.

I recommend the version with a matched mic. Each mic comes with a calibration code you enter into the software that adjusts for that specific mic.

Also because the headphone settings are based on average for the headphones you select they won't be perfect. You can adjust a few bits based on the averages.
The real magic I you want perfect headphones calibration is to send in your headphones to be calibrated or buy some they have calibrated.
New Shit

SCUMM
skaghead

Post by SCUMM »

Loads of great deals at the moment but I'm not going rushin into buying anything as have loads allready. I picked up a nice plugin for free from waves called Echosphere, its a slap delay/plate verb. Havnt got a chance to play with it yet but it sounds great from what Ive heard. Am looking for a good transient shaper if anyone has suggestions. Ive tried the demo of NI one, its fairly basic but I was happy with the results. Any other transient shapers worth checking out before I take the plunge?
WHERE WORDS FAIL MUSIC SPEAKS

SCUMM
skaghead

Post by SCUMM »

ozias_leduc wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:07 am

goddamn they really are!

had to buy them

good deal at least!
I love their plugins, use them on nearly every track. Echo boy and filter freak are deadly when combined, you can come up with some really interesting loops by just messing about with the settings. have been collecting plugin by plugin over the last couple of years and I can now upgrade to the full package for like 80 euro or something which is great.
WHERE WORDS FAIL MUSIC SPEAKS

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

SCUMM wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:21 pm
ozias_leduc wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:07 am

goddamn they really are!

had to buy them

good deal at least!
I love their plugins, use them on nearly every track. Echo boy and filter freak are deadly when combined, you can come up with some really interesting loops by just messing about with the settings. have been collecting plugin by plugin over the last couple of years and I can now upgrade to the full package for like 80 euro or something which is great.
Ah good tip, thanks! I haven't delved into Filter Freak much yet, that sounds like fun!

In other news, the other Black Friday deal I got was just the cheapest thing I could find on pluginboutique (some shitty distortion pedal plugin for $10) so I could get D16 Drumazon as a free gift. I've always avoided it since, you now, 909s are boring - but I still end up using the Ableton 909 drumrack more often than I'd care to admit, so I figured, ah, why not. May as well have a few controls at my disposal

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Puremagnetik are doing deep discounts. Lots of plugins on Sale plus you get 50% your order with SAVE50 code.

Very creative granular based stuff.

https://puremagnetik.com/
New Shit

speen
unsure

Post by speen »

I've bought an RD8, since I couldnt stand waiting for that RD9 to come out any longer..

It was a nice timing because I just moved into a new house last week and finally got a room for my little studio again after 10 months of strictly using ableton + headphones. That also means I still have space left for the RD9 if it ever comes out :lol:

frico
broke

Post by frico »

SCUMM wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:17 pm
Loads of great deals at the moment but I'm not going rushin into buying anything as have loads allready. I picked up a nice plugin for free from waves called Echosphere, its a slap delay/plate verb. Havnt got a chance to play with it yet but it sounds great from what Ive heard. Am looking for a good transient shaper if anyone has suggestions. Ive tried the demo of NI one, its fairly basic but I was happy with the results. Any other transient shapers worth checking out before I take the plunge?
I like surreal machines' impact a lot: https://www.surrealmachines.com/transie ... nes-vstau/

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Just bought a Behringer Pro 1. Last day @275 is today. Been dying to give it a try.

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

For the US folks (if there are any here?), ProAudioStar has Matrixbrutes for $1,299.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:14 pm
Críoch wrote:

If you want room correction and headphone correction you want reference studio. Not just headphone edition.

I recommend the version with a matched mic. Each mic comes with a calibration code you enter into the software that adjusts for that specific mic.

Also because the headphone settings are based on average for the headphones you select they won't be perfect. You can adjust a few bits based on the averages.
The real magic I you want perfect headphones calibration is to send in your headphones to be calibrated or buy some they have calibrated.
Thanks Steve. Was thinking.. but one price attracted me & the other sent me packing 🙃. I dont think ill get this right now, even though it looks the correct thing. Im sure it'll be a 'why didn't i get this sooner?!' moment, when I do. The headphones service is great.. was reading about that.