Cheap mixing of return channels

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
yentz
site spammer
Cheap mixing of return channels

Post by yentz »

Hi,
I just modded my mixer to give me 16 channels post fader which I grab with a fireface 802. As the channels are mixed in total mix the main out of the mixing desk isn't connected. Unfortunately that is where the returns are fed into (I am sure I could get those as well from the pcb but I just closed the desk and hope to keep it that way as long as possible).
I have all external gear connected to a patchbay which also offers 3 inputs into the audiointerface. 1 and 2 should be used as inserts so I can make a chain for kick, bass breaks or other rythm stuff (keeping layered breaks mono anyway). 3 is meant to be used as returns from mono units (bitreduction, saturation etc) so I thought I might just get some sort of small mixer to summ the return channels to go into channel 3 all togetjer. My question is if anybody can recommend a cheap solution for summing the returns.
There are very cheap behringer units
https://m.thomann.de/de/behringer_micro ... 1593888470
I know that lots of people are saying they do bad quality but there isnt much to do wrong on such a simple unit. Has anyone any experience with this product or can recommend a similar product? Dont have money for additional adat converters (also just cheap behringer and much much more expensive stuff available there as well)