How to get that techno sound?

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: How to get that techno sound?

Post by Críoch »

Great info everywhere else here. Not every book can be an encyclopaedia.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

Barfunkel wrote:
skimpi wrote:
KulturIndustry wrote:Not to derail the derailed thread :lol: but to the threadnecro here is an article on getting that techno sound:

http://www.attackmagazine.com/technique ... in-techno/
that beat is shit lol
Yeah, it almost feels like a joke. Not that I particularly love that Berghain stuff, but themusic on that article was miles and miles behind of even a mediocre record played in there.
the little drum rolls / extra hihats etc they do at the end of each 4 bars makes me lol

ozias_leduc
ANAL

Post by ozias_leduc »

ICN wrote:Great info everywhere else here. Not every book can be an encyclopaedia.
yeah but it's in too many threads. that would take hours to learn!

we need ALL the info to make good techno in one thread

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

Ttinga wrote:There is something reassuring about seeing this thread, like an old friend who pops back into your life....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

UN!T
Lifer

Post by UN!T »

ICN wrote:Great info everywhere else here. Not every book can be an encyclopaedia.

...and wtf is up with the Paul Gadd status???? That mofo is a pedo bear.
C0REZ wrote:techno 2014 = fascism
:lol:

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Thread of the century. Period !!!!
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

arc
^^ Has a Drumcode Tattoo

Post by arc »

The single greatest example of why Subsekt is the derailed-thread champion of the world.

In 10 years when this forum is dead and a complete ghost town, people will look at all the old threads and think to themselves "what a bunch of wackjobs".

8-)

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

arc wrote:The single greatest example of why Subsekt is the derailed-thread champion of the world.

In 10 years when this forum is dead and a complete ghost town, people will look at all the old threads and think to themselves "what a bunch of wackjobs".

8-)
Hahahaha
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

arc wrote:The single greatest example of why Subsekt is the derailed-thread champion of the world.

8-)
In 10 years the forum will be dead, but this thread will still be going, somewhere in the darkest parts of the internet.

arc
^^ Has a Drumcode Tattoo

Post by arc »

lol Ashley

That gives me a really good idea for an April Fool's joke... *sigh* if only I was a mod...

StyleCityRecord
tense

Post by StyleCityRecord »

Good question, keep in mind many times tracks can be or are oer produced-depending on what type of Techno sound or crowd you are targeting.
I've noticed that the styles change from one country to the next- as most trends /styles do.If you are producing your style of Techno, then start to remove pieces from your arrangements and approach it from a minimal perspective and concentrate on build up ( if you haven't already). Lastly, you might have a style that is different and that's what should set us apart as DJs/Producers, not whether or not a person has the same records/files the headlining DJ has? (IMHO)

seanocean
Jan : )

Post by seanocean »

StyleCityRecord wrote: I've noticed that the styles change from one country to the next- as most trends /styles do.If you are producing your style of Techno, then start to remove pieces from your arrangements and approach it from a minimal perspective and concentrate on build up ( if you haven't already).
rerail the thread. possibly make the information worthwhile after you read 44 pages of how much you should avoid mainstream crap and be original. ok so that's a given now.
i think style city has a good point. i've been having this idea for years now that, with so many people producing music, each city will start to look inward instead of outward. like at one point in the past there were the same 100 techno producers who could actually make great music world wide and i have stacks of their records. they've been a great influence to me, but that influence has only cemented the idea that techno should only be one particular way. or else not be able to fit in a dj mix. that's important, to an extent, but that doesn't make a dj work any harder. and everyone knows that a ton of djs now are lazy as fuk. there's been a lot of push towards all labels looking for something really different and these are good times for making interesting techno, so why no collab in your city and try to build within your strengths maybe not listen to every single release that comes out. just being on top of the changes in the musical history may be enough?
Do look, but know what to avoid. i think. be on top of the changes to know where you're not repeating the same old thing over and over again, thinking you're doing some brand new thing that someone did in chicago house 30 years ago.
| / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ | | / / < < > > \ \ |

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

seanocean wrote:
StyleCityRecord wrote: I've noticed that the styles change from one country to the next- as most trends /styles do.If you are producing your style of Techno, then start to remove pieces from your arrangements and approach it from a minimal perspective and concentrate on build up ( if you haven't already).
rerail the thread. possibly make the information worthwhile after you read 44 pages of how much you should avoid The sooner mainstream crap and be original. ok so that's a given now.
i think style city has a good point. i've been having this idea for years now that, with so many people producing music, each city will start to look inward instead of outward. like at one point in the past there were the same 100 techno producers who could actually make great music world wide and i have stacks of their records. they've been a great influence to me, but that influence has only cemented the idea that techno should only be one particular way. or else not be able to fit in a dj mix. that's important, to an extent, but that doesn't make a dj work any harder. and everyone knows that a ton of djs now are lazy as fuk. there's been a lot of push towards all labels looking for something really different and these are good times for making interesting techno, so why no collab in your city and try to build within your strengths maybe not listen to every single release that comes out. just being on top of the changes in the musical history may be enough?
Do look, but know what to avoid. i think. be on top of the changes to know where you're not repeating the same old thing over and over again, thinking you're doing some brand new thing that someone did in chicago house 30 years ago.
Damn right! I soooo can't wait to fire up Ableton and inject the sound of my city into my music. The world is defo ready for the sound of wealthy conservative fanboy Techno. It will soon put you back in your place and make you feel like the poor scumbag you know you are or reward you with glorious tax loopholes and disabled benefit claimants to stomp on.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

chrome-metronome
Unartful

Post by chrome-metronome »

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Wiu wrote:
seanocean wrote:
rerail the thread. possibly make the information worthwhile after you read 44 pages of how much you should avoid The sooner mainstream crap and be original. ok so that's a given now.
Damn right! I soooo can't wait to fire up Ableton and inject the sound of my city into my music. The world is defo ready for the sound of wealthy conservative fanboy Techno. It will soon put you back in your place and make you feel like the poor scumbag you know you are or reward you with glorious tax loopholes and disabled benefit claimants to stomp on.
Go Wiu !
everyone knows ITCHY Whoretits? and David Farta are totally into Horsham techno ! ;)

this does poses me for a practical problem : should I move into a city now to be able to properly produce techno ?
I mean, technically, the smalltown I live in is officially a "city", but is that really good enough, or will this be no good ?
location is definitely more important than gear, and of course far more important than any kind of skills...

why was I even trying to find the right pair of sunglasses ???
fuck pastel skinny jeans and similar shit to get FB likes, it's all about location !
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

ITCHY Whoretits? damn it ! no ".."
I wanna see ITCHY Clown appear...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

damn, subsekt is getting legally threatened or something,
2nd time I tried the Clown joke and it automaticlly changed into ". ."
no more Clown jokes ???
FUCK THAT SHIT YOU STUPID SELL-OUT HAIRDO !!!!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Ridjie Harrrrtiinnn is an idiot !
once a true innovate talent, now nothing but a massive cash machine...

there, that felt good ! :mrgreen:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

ITCHY Whoretits? secretly wants to be Kanye West, he just doesn`t have the guts.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.