Drum & Bass Thread

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Mono-xID
Uumfääng
Re: Drum & Bass Thread

Post by Mono-xID »

[quote="ashley BORG"]It's funny Dylan wasn't very happy with the set. Said it was a bit on the pussy side :lol: quote]

What did the Mike Ness look-a-like expect? That Tim will play Amen breaks with dark vocals and a reece bass for the rest of his life? :lol:
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Mono-xID wrote:
ashley BORG wrote:It's funny Dylan wasn't very happy with the set. Said it was a bit on the pussy side :lol: quote]

What did the Mike Ness look-a-like expect? That Tim will play Amen breaks with dark vocals and a reece bass for the rest of his life? :lol:

Haha fuck knows. I'll check out some new CV today, can't actually remember the set. Glad to hear he's moved off the turret machine gun style tracks

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Check his 2 albums on Subsistenz Rec. ("Back to the Machine" LP from 2010 and "Stay on this Planet" LP from 2013) plus the 2 MachineCode albums ("Environments" LP and "Under the Sun" LP) to hear what he's about today.

Though it's not my music anymore i quite enjoyed these LP's for their cold,futuristic atmosphere. Would be the perfect soundtrack for some Mech-Robot-Cyborg movie stuff.

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Mono-xID wrote:Check his 2 albums on Subsistenz Rec. ("Back to the Machine" LP from 2010 and "Stay on this Planet" LP from 2013) plus the 2 MachineCode albums ("Environments" LP and "Under the Sun" LP) to hear what he's about today.

Though it's not my music anymore i quite enjoyed these LP's for their cold,futuristic atmosphere. Would be the perfect soundtrack for some Mech-Robot-Cyborg movie stuff.

Actually think I've heard this earlier in the year...

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

I'm taking this bitch old skool again.....

youtu.be/GS2uo48cUzs

youtu.be/bitkNUl2mt0
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Thanks for posting all of these Guys. Teh enthusiasm is beyond what I thought it would be haha. The amount of vids is overwhelming, but I'm gonna listen to them all tonight.

Really appreciate everyone dropping these tracks
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

7 pages in just over 24 hour. Hmmm maybe someone should start a DnB forum

Alex _ S
washable

Post by Alex _ S »

Just don't call it DOA II. Fresh will fuck you up.

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

Planar wrote:So happy to come back to 5 pages (actually 6 now, ha!) of this. Reading through the replies and I've already ordered the Wipeout soundtrack for that Photek track :D
Good man! 8-) I love that soundtrack, listened to it so much when I was younger. Really great selection of tracks from different electronic genres but all with a common kind of futuristic/slightly post-apocalyptic feel, just like the game. Picked up a PS2 for a tenner a while back from a market up the road and ordered Wipeout 2097, not much of a one for games but I absolutely love that one, still feels fresh to me!

Look forward to listening to the stuff posted in here also. Would be cool if we could make a Youtube playlist out of it all or something...

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

I fucking loved Wipeout 2097, I played it to death when I was a kid with one of those twisty PS1 controllers (defcon or something?). Having a think about it last night and it's probably influenced my taste in music a lot, along with Streets of Rage. That Photek track though... fuuuck, I forgot how good it was. It will be appearing on my next DnB mix (ETA sometime in 2014).

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

Planar wrote:That Photek track though... fuuuck, I forgot how good it was. It will be appearing on my next DnB mix (ETA sometime in 2014).
Yeah man, it's just relentless. Love it. Look forward to hearing the mix :)

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

tdmusic
Informer

Post by tdmusic »

Planar wrote:I fucking loved Wipeout 2097, I played it to death when I was a kid with one of those twisty PS1 controllers (defcon or something?)
Was it "NegCon" or something? My mate has one, he was showing me one of the newer Wipeout's and it had this "Zone mode" where you just keep going round the same track faster and faster, but you can load in your own music from the PS3 and the track gets affected by the EQ of the track, so like bass drums cause bumps to appear in the track etc. Sounds a bit naff the way I explain it but I was well impressed ;)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Photek and Source Direct are undisputed kings for me.

youtu.be/9qJKxaWb0_A

Absolute mastery of percussion.

youtu.be/XRNekaCgtpc

youtu.be/_A1M4S0IZnQ

Not one sound is superfluous to the whole.
Still sounds fresh to me as well.

Source direct.

youtu.be/Cqct4H95xQg

youtu.be/zZswz4mmusw

youtu.be/oTONvRtlW44

youtu.be/JhDWvjq8txw

youtu.be/pUL-Hx7XnGM

This stuff, on a properly set up sound system, with clean low end (24`s rather than 18`s or 21`s) absolutely destroys, it remains so full now matter how you crank it.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Photek came out of DnB retirement a few months back with a release as Studio Pressure. One side stunk imo (terrible vocal), but the other side is pretty good:-

youtu.be/k_UTBC-fCDE

It's no classic, but hopefully he'll keep it up now.

jacksonick
reverse genius

Post by jacksonick »

[quote="Wiu"]I'm taking this bitch old skool again.....

youtu.be/GS2uo48cUzs

That's all you need really.

wormcode
unsure

Post by wormcode »

Lost to the Void wrote:Photek and Source Direct are undisputed kings for me.
This stuff, on a properly set up sound system, with clean low end (24`s rather than 18`s or 21`s) absolutely destroys, it remains so full now matter how you crank it.
Absolutely! I always rated Source Direct higher though. They captured that dark cinematic vibe I love so much like no one else then or since then. I have an old Source Direct vs Photek mix that has been on every MP3 player I've had as well as in the car for years now haha (can't find a link but can upload it if someone wants).

Since this is the production forum someone should post something dnb production related, so here we go. Great doc featuring both aforementioned artists as well as Squarepusher. The Source Direct bit is the stand out (might recognise the speech sample from Joy Orbison - Ellipsis). Should also mention Phil Source started up a new dnb label called Vampire as well as techno label called Vamptech, but not sure if the techno one ever took off. http://www.vampirerecords.co.uk/

youtu.be/96PfTcGHZ4Qyoutu.be/TyKuzY52hWUyoutu.be/tVnm5cdNcus

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Cool dude, will watch these vids later!!!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

wormcode wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Photek and Source Direct are undisputed kings for me.
Absolutely! I always rated Source Direct higher though. They captured that dark cinematic vibe I love so much like no one else then or since then. I have an old Source Direct vs Photek mix that has been on every MP3 player I've had as well as in the car for years now haha (can't find a link but can upload it if someone wants).

Since this is the production forum someone should post something dnb production related, so here we go. Great doc featuring both aforementioned artists as well as Squarepusher. The Source Direct bit is the stand out (might recognise the speech sample from Joy Orbison - Ellipsis). Should also mention Phil Source started up a new dnb label called Vampire as well as techno label called Vamptech, but not sure if the techno one ever took off. http://www.vampirerecords.co.uk/

youtu.be/96PfTcGHZ4Qyoutu.be/TyKuzY52hWUyoutu.be/tVnm5cdNcus
I was speaking to phil about 2 years ago to try to get him to do something for Sin.
I tracked him down via myspace of all place
And he pointed me to the Techno side of his stuff. And erm.... Vamptech, I think his idea of techno is based on 4x4 stuff he heard in the 90`s that probably wasn`t techno. It was terribly dated sounding.
I was talking to him about doing a more fluid source direct sound over big techno beats.
I kinda lost touch with him though.

As it turns out I think it is Jamie I need to speak to, he`s the one I think that made the real meat of SD sound.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

TechnoDude
pregnant

Post by TechnoDude »

This is some modern "downtempo" D&B by dbridge, heart drive and kid drama.