Positive Grid deals

Electronic Music Production // Dark Arts
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Positive Grid deals

Post by Lost to the Void »

People on here keep saying there isn`t any good ITB distortion.
There is, loads, you are just looking in the wrong places....

Positive Grid are doing deals at the mo

BIAS FX is $59 - Some of the best modeled fx in software

I recommend the distortion pack extension for amazing distortion models, and you can model your own (or download boxes peopled have modeled via the bias fx community).

BIAS Amp is also $59 and amazing. Throw some hi gain Soldano Valve amps over your sounds for lovely dynamic distortion and breakup.

https://store.positivegrid.com/?_ga=2.7 ... 1505924690
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Root
BANNED
Re: Positive Grid deals

Post by Root »

Do you use those plugins only for heavy distorted stuff or is the fx bundle worth it for subtle warming up your sound and other applications i don't know of yet?
:geek:

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

I've looked at positive grid stuff before, but I'm probably being a fucking idiot and don't get which product is which. So the one that sounds good on their main page is "Bias pedal", which says you can design your own pedal, swap out circuit parts etc. But the buy link takes me to bias fx. So is bias fx the product that lets me do that? Are the amps in fx as good as the ones in bias amp if im not a guitarist and don't care about the tone of one vs another? Whats the product I want if I'm only interested in distortion?

Also, whats the copy protection? Not interested if it's ilok dongle or elicenser.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Root wrote:Do you use those plugins only for heavy distorted stuff or is the fx bundle worth it for subtle warming up your sound and other applications i don't know of yet?
The amps are probably better for just warming up stuff, if you avoid the high gain models, you can dual amp in bias fx too, which is wonderful.
There are some boost fx you could use just for character, but generally stomp boxes aren't good for that.
Amps.

Positive grid also does a compression pack, I've yet to get that, but they are component modelling compression, and if it is anywhere near the quality of the other stuff, it should be awesome.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Planar wrote:I've looked at positive grid stuff before, but I'm probably being a fucking idiot and don't get which product is which. So the one that sounds good on their main page is "Bias pedal", which says you can design your own pedal, swap out circuit parts etc. But the buy link takes me to bias fx. So is bias fx the product that lets me do that? Are the amps in fx as good as the ones in bias amp if im not a guitarist and don't care about the tone of one vs another? Whats the product I want if I'm only interested in distortion?

Also, whats the copy protection? Not interested if it's ilok dongle or elicenser.
They use their own licensing syste!, No dongle.

There are only 2 products. Amp and FX.
The pedal stuff, individual or pedal pro pack, are add ons for bias fx, and there are amp add-ons for bias amp too.
New Shit

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Thanks. So it sounds like fx plus the distortion pack would give me what I'd mainly like, but I can't find that distortion pack by itself only in a bundle with stuff I don't care about. Sigh, their website really is style over substance. I think I'll just demo some of it if I have time and see what what I'm into.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

https://store.positivegrid.com/?_ga=2.1 ... VEQAvD_BwE

Bias fx is at the top of the page
Scroll down and the distortion pack is down there with all the other individual pedal packs.
New Shit

Martin
clown

Post by Martin »

Has anyone tried their compressors?

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

How good are the delays and modulation FX? That's what I'm mainly interested in.

Pagan
Exampleless

Post by Pagan »

Well, I downloaded the demo and gave it a go- and I have to say it does not sound totally shit. A big reason is sensible parameter ranging, the individual components don't seem to go to 11+ like most VST plugins do. Which makes sense in terms of usability. It also gave me the idea to chain different types of distortion in a chain, in subtler amounts to get the final result.

I didn't like the UI, it has too much modulation and delay/verb stuff I don't need, and it tends to make stuff sound like guitars (not a bad thing per se, but reducing this effect means turning off the cab sim which is big part of the cost I think), so I'll pass this one- but not because it's garbage.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Nah the cab emulation is nothing special, its certainly nor why people dig it. The amp simulation is amazing. You can roll in to it for break up and pull back for clean, it will sag too.. It reacts completely dynamically. Next best thing to a Kemper.
New Shit

Root
BANNED

Post by Root »

Bias FX lite for free and 50% on everything else atm.

https://www.positivegrid.com/plugins
:geek:

Aureliano
BAD

Post by Aureliano »

I'm trying to find this Distortion Pack to see what's in it but I can't find it. Given that this thread is pretty old perhaps Positive Grid changed the name of the pack.

https://www.positivegrid.com/packs/

There is a 'Metal Signature Pack' on the website. Is this the Distortion pack?

I have Bias FX and I'm looking around to see if its worth buying any of the packs or Bias Amp.
I'm not looking for sweet guitar tone, I'm mainly interested in great distortion for processing various sound sources through.