Should we revive the subsekt podcast?

0dd
Get in the back of the van
Should we revive the subsekt podcast?

Post by 0dd »

With the label now and all that.. What do you guys think?
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

willemb
Mild
Re: Should we revive the subsekt podcast?

Post by willemb »

Yeah I think so... good for promo

0dd

Post by 0dd »

That's what I was thinking. Also a good way to make the peeps on the crew known, that didn't make a release (yet).
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

its a pity planar isnt planning a subsekt members mix this year.
it was a nice showcase of the talented people of the forum, but its totally understandable because the label is alot of work
unfortunately i dont dj otherwise i was happy to do the mix this year but mayb someone else can makes the mix

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

When we were doing it before we were tied to the schedule of fnoob. It was a bit crazy at times getting it all together, mixes would come in at the 12 hour etc and I remember once uploading one of the shows whilst I was on holiday with my wife and kids lol. It could be stressful at times. I don't personally have the time these days. But I would support doing it again especially if it was on our own terms without a strict schedule and we uploaded as and when we got mixes.

I think between us all we've probably got contacts to get some prolific underground names on board.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Yeah on our own terms and our own schedule, although I think we have lots of members that'd be happy to contribute a mix, hopefully to make a consistent podcast. Was also thinking it to be members only, as to promote the forum/label/crew, but maybe it could be a bit looser than that, like members getting some local artists who'd like to support us. I can get Lag :lol:

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I'm happy if the quality is there. I wouldn't like it to be a case of doing a mix for the sake of it. Would be disrepectful to whats gone before it.

Doesn't have to be 4/4 or anything resembling popular; just as long as the execution & concept of the mix is v.high.

Lag did a great one before. Would always be happy to have someone come back to it.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

bioniceye wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:51 pm
its a pity planar isnt planning a subsekt members mix this year.
it was a nice showcase of the talented people of the forum, but its totally understandable because the label is alot of work
unfortunately i dont dj otherwise i was happy to do the mix this year but mayb someone else can makes the mix
It’s a huge amount of work, mate. The mix is the easy bit, its getting the music from people. So hard.

Críoch wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 pm
I'm happy if the quality is there. I wouldn't like it to be a case of doing a mix for the sake of it. Would be disrepectful to whats gone before it.

Doesn't have to be 4/4 or anything resembling popular; just as long as the execution & concept of the mix is v.high.

Lag did a great one before. Would always be happy to have someone come back to it.
I’d love to contribute a none 4/4 mix at some point if it takes off again.

bioniceye
clueless

Post by bioniceye »

Planar wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:14 am
It’s a huge amount of work, mate. The mix is the easy bit, its getting the music from people. So hard.
if you want i can do that part of the process and send all the music in one big file with wetransfer after the deadline
dont get me wrong i dont want to push you to do the mix, i just want to contribute

0dd

Post by 0dd »

Críoch wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Agreed, the label concept transfered to the podcast, not solely techno, just underground electronic music with good execution.

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Well I think monthly podcast, should be fine or even 2 depends how many people want to play, i think it's a good way to represent an artist from subsekt forum. :)

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

Yeah agree with juodas on the montly mix. I think there would be more then enough people willing to contribute.
me to h3h3 :twisted:
would also be really cool to have a promo mix with member tracks, but tbh id wait with that untill there are more releases, so it can be a mix taken from these

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

I'm all for it, I could also volunteer to upload the mixes , I have pretty much access to my computer a large portion of the day with a good internet so I could do that if people are too busy for that.

I can also contribute with a mix, and get a few artists that I know into that. Let's do it !

tbf
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by tbf »

I'm new here, but I'm all for it

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Wrote in other thread, but seems no1 is following the other one:

We should have it, as it's very good means of promotion for the label, and community itself. Doing in on threads radio (where i do my radio show) could be possible as well, as they're fine with pre-recorded material. Having 1-3 mixes upfront it's the way to go. I'm up for recording a live set for it at some point.

Guthook
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Guthook »

Just a reminder that podcasts can also be posted on Spotify now, it might increase the reach a bit. I mean, if that's what you guys are looking for.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

over9000 has already submitted a mix in the label sub forum for a podcast.

We need another 2 to be 3 mixes ahead, and then someone needs to make sure that the 4th mix is done before we put out number 2. Lots of people are up for it, but we don't have enough mixes yet to think about doing this. It is not up to me to say Go or No Go, but IMHO we are not in a position yet to seriously think about starting until we get more mixes...

Just as with the label, get submitting!

Akaspeedy
clown

Post by Akaspeedy »

Is this still happening....?? Would also be able to contribute mixes!! 😎

Aka speedy

Twilitez
You only live once

Post by Twilitez »

Yes.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

We should. There was a lot of work back in the day and im not sure we have the desire to go through that again. Especially working to a schedule. But we could post mixes up on our soundcloud / mixcloud as and when we get them. A mixture of pro, up and coming and everything in between would be great
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....