PLAID @ Forte Prenestino - Rome

Listings for Clubs // Radio // Live Streaming
gabe DM
refusenik
PLAID @ Forte Prenestino - Rome

Post by gabe DM »

Last Friday I went to the see Plaid act in Forte Prenestino here in Rome.

Ed Handley and Andy Turnerthey rocked hard, the PA was strong enough and gave justice to the clean and cutting sounds, everything sounded very strong and deep, and the icy mathematical music turned out impressively. They mixed old and new stuff and everything sounded so Plaid we were all very pleased and touched. me and my friends really enjoyed.
Three or four macs were running along, I think one of them controlled the sequenced elements while the other played synths and sounds in real time adding some fxs to the chain. Each element had its own place perfectly fitted in the mix, beats, basses, gamelan style lines and more defined melodies were cutting through and getting to our stomach and ears perfectly mixed.
I was concerned thinking of the last time I saw Plaid live cause they did a set more breakbeat, drum'n bass which I found a little cheesy that time, but this show is great. it starts slow and deep and grows strong as more rhythm comes in and the sound spectrum is fulfilled.

one word apart for the awesome Forte Prenestino. This place is a must see for everyone coming to Rome, it's a huge squat in a big park, Plaid act and all the event that took place (a meeting about new safe environmental housing) was beautiful, and the ticket was a 5 euros one. fabulous!

this part one of someone's video of PLAID at Forte Prenestino, you can watch the all show divide into parts.

youtu.be/E1gou4ym2kg
Gabe DM

----------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/gabedm
http://gabedm.wordpress.com

ozias_leduc
ANAL
Re: PLAID @ Forte Prenestino - Rome

Post by ozias_leduc »

awesome. i fucking LOVE plaid. hope to one day be lucky enough to see them live!