obtuso - Artificial Wasteland

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
daunzila
arsehole
obtuso - Artificial Wasteland

Post by daunzila »

Recording from the weekend, maybe the kick could cut more idk, what you guys think?
WTF?!

Aurongroove
pregnant
Re: obtuso - Artificial Wasteland

Post by Aurongroove »

It's a little too plain flavored for me.

What I mean by that is I'd like it to have something odd in it to set it apart sound wise. OR, a more dynamic narrative. It seems like the bass and the pushiness is always switched on no matter which section of the track we're going to or coming from.

I'm not a fan of how the snare presents itself initially, especially in a track that is crying out for some assertive counter rhythmical elements to shake up the "always on" low end pressure.

Two birds one stone; Put some of that end section, in the middle.
And crisp up/uncompress the low end a bit, so you can hear the "striking" of the bass drum with more clarity.

if this is the "awesome bit" in what was a big long jam, man, give us a long cut, as a 6 minute piece of techno it doesn't make much sense, but if this is at 4 minute climax of a 45 minute jam, it kinda changes the context and it sounds like something I'd love to hear the full 9 years of.
I'm Hilarious

Some professional mastering engineers use multi-band compressors.

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Aurongroove wrote:It's a little too plain flavored for me.

What I mean by that is I'd like it to have something odd in it to set it apart sound wise. OR, a more dynamic narrative. It seems like the bass and the pushiness is always switched on no matter which section of the track we're going to or coming from.

I'm not a fan of how the snare presents itself initially, especially in a track that is crying out for some assertive counter rhythmical elements to shake up the "always on" low end pressure.

Two birds one stone; Put some of that end section, in the middle.
And crisp up/uncompress the low end a bit, so you can hear the "striking" of the bass drum with more clarity.

if this is the "awesome bit" in what was a big long jam, man, give us a long cut, as a 6 minute piece of techno it doesn't make much sense, but if this is at 4 minute climax of a 45 minute jam, it kinda changes the context and it sounds like something I'd love to hear the full 9 years of.
Hmmm i think i get your point about being too plain flavored, maybe the more dynamic narrative aproach you talk about could be the answer, so the contrast between the parts could be more proeminent and it could get more weigth down there.

And its kind of a long jam, as usual i was jamming until i realized that i wasnt recording and i liked where i was going, then did a quick stop and press rec and gonne from there and recorded this 6min, so its a yes and no response hehehe

Thanks for the feedback Aurongroove
WTF?!

Sasemoi
clown

Post by Sasemoi »

Very twosided about this one. I love that it's a jam and definitely going the good direction , kick and bass sound very squashed and need some room to breathe and pump imo but are heavy as fuck. Very much like the drone and how it evolves throughout the track , along with the heavyness of how you created the bass it makes a good combo. however don't like anything in the high end. it sounds very thin uninteresting. hats sound very splashed and the delay'd synth sounds empty. Keep it up dude

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Those toms are a bit too much, I think. Not really a fan of that drone-y pad sound, I like the bleeps coming in and out better.

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Damn, i couldnt answer the last posts for a while, sorry for that people, i was kinda overwhelmed by work and family stuff lately

Well, im listening to this again right now, after a while and i think you're on point about the kick + bass needing more space, and i think i got too far in cutting lows on the synths too

Thanks for the feedback
WTF?!