Korg Odyssey hardware and plugin

Hardware & Software Discussion // New Products & Advice
Caspian
Interact. Don't Spam.
Korg Odyssey hardware and plugin

Post by Caspian »

I'm want to pick up a new synth and the arps have interested me always. I'd buy a Karp over the cheaper Barp maybe because the quality control is undoubtably better. I found a Korg software Odyssey version also which might be worth picking to try out.

Can the owners on this board of the hardware unit or software can tell me what it's like? They sound quite dirty and look highly tweakable. Thank you everyone.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears
Re: Korg Odyssey hardware and plugin

Post by over9000 »

Sorry cant help you here.
Just had to laugh at karp vs barp :lol:

Boiled Egg
Alf Garnett

Post by Boiled Egg »

I don't own any Behringer gear but some around here do and the build quality does not seem to be an issue. In fact, some have been very complimentary about the build quality. The Behringer has all 3 filter variations, effects, sequencer and is cheaper. I've only heard it online but it sounds really good to me. That's the one I'd go for.

Caspian
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Caspian »

Thank you both.

I believe the Karp has 3 filter selections also but I could have made a mistake. I will find out again. The Barp is cheaper and it is tempting for that reason. I do like to have a sequencer but I do still worry about their products. Money is hard to gather and you should spend well.

buonacc
sad bastard

Post by buonacc »

i've got the iPad/Gadget version and the VST (haven't used that much at all for some reason, keep forgetting that i have it and the other Korg stuff). really impressed with those at least, the note/mod sequencer on the standalone is awesome.

there's a nice old freeware VST version as well (a few, but one is really nice), tested that out years ago.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

I have a behringer neutron and that box has a rock solid build quality. No issues at all..